Solstice East, one of the most effective treatment centers for depression, has grown out of many years of experience working with teenage girls in residential treatment. We have developed a clinically intensive program based on the specific needs of young women. Our philosophy is based upon our beliefs and experiences related to the creation of genuine, lasting change in female adolescents. Those beliefs are as follows:
- People, more than programs, create the most lasting impact.
- Intensive family focus to address the child’s most important emotional connections – family.
- Focus on internal change through value development, rather than external compliance.
- Holistic approaches that address both physical and emotional needs (mind-body connection).
- Female specific interventions; as girls have unique problems and needs.
- Solstice East is committed to hiring the most qualified, professional, caring staff that is dedicated to helping the girls we serve. Our staff also undergoes specific, regular training to continue their own personal and professional development which is essential to the life-creating work we do.
Families will be regularly and intensively involved in their daughter’s therapeutic process at one of the top treatment centers for depression and other struggles. We believe that an intensive family focus which addresses family dynamics through therapy sessions, family seminars, multi-family groups, and experiential interventions has proven to be a powerful change process for families and girls.
Therapeutic programs and interventions have historically focused solely on compliance. While compliance is important, how it is generated is more important. Compliance that springs from external controls and “fear of punishment” tends to be short lived. When the external controls are removed, compliance departs with it. When compliance grows out of developing internal values such as respect, responsibility, love, family relationships, and personal growth it is self-evident and self-sustaining. This durable, internal change is what we strive to create at Solstice through our remarkable people and programming.
Our Mission At Solstice East
“Assisting adolescents and their families in developing Excellence in Relationships, Influence, Character and Health throughout their life journey.”