With years of experience dealing with various therapeutic programs for struggling teens, I’m able to confidently say I know how to discern between mediocre residential treatment centers and great ones. Searching through the copious therapeutic options for your struggling child can be difficult and frustrating without help. Over the years, I’ve compiled a list of what sets a program apart from others.
Aspects of superior residential treatment centers for teens
- Quality, Caring Staff: Excellent residential treatment centers will take care in who they decide to hire. The staff will be welcoming, interested, and passionate about helping troubled adolescents find their way back to a healthy path. Staff should also have undergone training in order to provide the best care.
- Focused Programming: Take a look at the gender and age specific aspects of the programming in their treatment center. Superior residential treatment centers for teens will incorporate the best therapies and form an environment specifically effective for the age and/or gender they’ve selected for their focus.
- Comprehensive Therapy: You’re not looking at residential treatment centers for youth because traditional therapy worked, which is why a great treatment center will integrate many different types of therapy into their programming. This allows adolescents to find therapies that work the best for them and provide the most effective and sustainable therapeutic experience.
- Family Inclusion: The family is one of the most important pieces of an adolescent moving forward. First-rate residential treatment centers will include the family in the healing process through weekly calls with a therapist or even scheduled visits.
- Teaches Transferable Skills: If your child cannot take the skills they’ve learned in the program back home, what use are they? A residential treatment center should strive to help your child build life-long coping skills that will continue to help them when they exit the program.
Solstice East can help
Solstice East is a residential treatment center for girls, ages 14 to 18, grappling with teen depression, anxiety, trauma, and other emotional or behavioral issues. We strive to help our girls lead themselves back onto a path of health and happiness.
For more information about how Solstice East handles social media addiction, please call 828-484-9946!