Louisiana Residential Treatment Centers for Teens
As one of the top rated residential treatment centers for teens from Louisiana, Solstice East focuses specifically on helping young girls and their families find success and happiness. The girls who attend our program are between the ages of 14 and 18, who are struggling with multiple issues including learning disorders, trauma and loss, and depression.
Residential treatment centers for teens offer a selection of therapeutic approaches. What makes Solstice East unique for teens from Louisiana because of our holistic therapeutic approach. Instead of treating problem areas like many other residential treatment centers for teens, Solstice East works on healing the entire person. Through our uniquely design program, girls begin to heal the mind, body, and soul.
It is common for families to come to us feeling frustrated, lost, and often struggling to decide if sending their child away from home is a good decision. While this decision is tough, research has often shown that families see greater success when their child is removed from previous negative influences or environments. At Solstice East, we work with families from Louisiana to build the best treatment plan for their daughter.
Solstice East Residential Treatment Centers for Teens Help Louisiana Families Find Success
Solstice East is unlike other Louisiana residential treatment centers for teens, because considered because it has helped numerous amounts of families from around the United States find success. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides families with the best possible treatment and care. Our evidence based therapeutic approaches help build a solid foundation for growth and development for Louisiana teens who are struggling with the many emotional and behavioral issues young girls face.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Louisiana teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Teens develop new trusting relationships with others through their therapeutic experiences in Equine Therapy. Unlike other residential treatment centers for teens, Solstice East utilizes the powerful abilities of horses. Horses are used in therapy because of how they reflect the emotion from those around them, teaching teens how to better evaluate and modify their behaviors and communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Milieu therapy is known for its strong focus on the various beneficial qualities of community. Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Louisiana teens. Teens receive unique and transformative benefits through our caring staff, understanding peers, and community service.
- Psychiatric services: It is not uncommon for students to need psychiatric services while attending residential treatment centers for teens. Many of the students who attend Solstice East are already receiving psychiatric care or medication. Psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Louisiana teens. Due to this we have a staff member who manages the psychiatric services of students and works with the other therapeutic staff to ensure that each girl is getting the best treatment.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Louisiana teens in a Residential Treatment Centers For Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Impulse Control
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Grief and Loss
– Body Image Issues
– Disordered Eating
– Social Isolation
Resources for Louisiana Families Seeking Help
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA): DBSA is an organization that offers a variety of tools to help parents or loved ones help adolescents dealing with depression or bipolar disorder. They also offer helpful tools and outlets for peer support, allowing teens struggling with depression to work together to help each other overcome their lowest moments.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) The Anxiety and Depression Association of America is a beneficial resource for both professionals and families in need of more information on Anxiety and Depression. The resources it provides are specifically focused on these two mental health conditions. It has a wide selection of general information on the various anxiety disorders including GAD, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, specific phobias, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions. They also work to provide information that educates individuals on stigmas and misconceptions about mental health.
Solstice East Helps Families From Louisiana
Solstice East helps Louisiana families from cities and towns like: Eden Isle Geismar Belle Chasse Madisonville Woodworth Mandeville River Ridge Benton Prairieville Metairie
Solstice East helps Louisiana families from:
- Unplugging Teen CyberbullyingOnline bullying has become increasingly common with the growth of social media platforms. The term that refers to online bullying is best known as “cyberbullying”. Teen cyberbullying can quickly start to have a negative impact on ones life. In fact, there is a line between online bullying and depression in... Read more »
- What to Do When Your Teenage Daughter is Depressed and Refusing HelpThe teenage years can bring about new defiance in your teen. If your teenage daughter is depressed and refusing help, this can make things challenging for you as a parent. You want them to feel better, but without help, that is nearly impossible. First you should understand that asking for... Read more »
- Mind and Body: Healthy Living and PTSDHealthy Living and PTSD are interconnected during the treatment process. While one is working to cope with the symptoms of PTSD, healthy living should also be made a priority. Research from PsychCentral talks about how “the nervous system and brain do not operate separately from the physical body. When we... Read more »