Solstice East: One of the Top Connecticut Residential Treatment Centers for Teens
Solstice East is located outside of Asheville, North Carolina offering girls from Connecticut a campus free of distraction and the previous negative influences affecting their lives. Girls can truly begin their healing process while attending our program out of state. While Solstice East is not located in Connecticut, it is still considered one of the best residential treatment centers for teens.
Families from Connecticut believe Solstice East is one of the best residential treatment centers for teens, because our program strongly embodies a family focused approach to therapy. With the many families from out of state choosing our program, we put a large emphasis on the entire family. Unlike many other residential treatment centers for teens, we believe family is an important part of a girls healing process. Solstice East provides families with various activities such as family therapy, family workshops, and experiential interventions. These activities provide families with the necessary tools to begin repairing and rebuilding their family relationship.
Solstice East offers students innovative academics, an experienced and caring therapeutic team, and state of the art psychiatric services, our residential treatment centers for teens provides girls ages 14 to 18 with a positive, influential experience.
Solstice East Residential Treatment Centers for Teens Help Connecticut Families Find Success
Solstice East is unlike other Connecticut residential treatment centers for teens, because considered because it has helped numerous amounts of families from around the United States find success. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides families with the best possible treatment and care. Our evidence based therapeutic approaches help build a solid foundation for growth and development for Connecticut teens who are struggling with the many emotional and behavioral issues young girls face.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Connecticut teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Teens develop new trusting relationships with others through their therapeutic experiences in Equine Therapy. Unlike other residential treatment centers for teens, Solstice East utilizes the powerful abilities of horses. Horses are used in therapy because of how they reflect the emotion from those around them, teaching teens how to better evaluate and modify their behaviors and communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Milieu therapy is known for its strong focus on the various beneficial qualities of community. Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Connecticut teens. Teens receive unique and transformative benefits through our caring staff, understanding peers, and community service.
- Psychiatric services: It is not uncommon for students to need psychiatric services while attending residential treatment centers for teens. Many of the students who attend Solstice East are already receiving psychiatric care or medication. Psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Connecticut teens. Due to this we have a staff member who manages the psychiatric services of students and works with the other therapeutic staff to ensure that each girl is getting the best treatment.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Connecticut teens in a Residential Treatment Centers For Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Body Image Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Impulse Control
– Disordered Eating
– Social Isolation
– Family Dysfunction
– Self Harm
Resources for Connecticut Families Seeking Help
The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) – NIDA is a national organization that offers resources to teens and families on substance abuse and experimentation. Their various resources include articles discussing science based data, news related topics including drugs in pop culture, and parenting tips. Their resources often include general explanations of different substances, the numerous consequences they can have, and advice for parents or individuals who are dealing with drug abuse and are in need of treatment.
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) The resources provided by AACAP or organized based on specific mental health topics. This can be useful for families who are seeking local treatment, help, or information on mental health. Their organization is specifically focused on promoting mental health awareness in youth.
Solstice East Helps Families From Connecticut
Solstice East helps Connecticut families from cities and towns like: Darien New Canaan Greenwich Westport Weston Wilton Groton Long Point Town of Ridgefield Washington Roxbury
Solstice East helps Connecticut families from:
Some examples of cities from Connecticut which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Bridgeport New Haven Stamford Hartford Waterbury Norwalk Danbury New Britain Bristol Meriden West Haven Milford
- Equine Therapy: The Good Kind of Horsing AroundEquine Therapy is a type of experiential therapy between patients and horses. This type of therapy can involve grooming, feeding, haltering, and leading a horse. The goal of equine therapy is to provide students with a unique type of learning experience and give them a chance to develop a meaningful... Read more »
- The Debate on Devices: Video Game Addiction Symptoms“Video game addiction” was recently made an official thing by the World Health Organization. This opened up a new pool of debates among society. Is smartphone addiction also a thing? Does it deserve its own special diagnosis and treatment plan? Well, it depends on who you ask. Some people argue... Read more »
- Getting Help For A Defiant Teenage Daughter: Five Ways To End DefianceThe teenage years bring about many hormonal changes for teenage girls. Parenting a teenager can often feel like a power struggle. When they exhibit defiant behavior, it can quickly become frustrating and cause you to want to react negatively. In the end, this will only worsen the situation and the... Read more »