Solstice East: One of the Top Connecticut Residential Treatment Centers for Teens
Solstice East is located outside of Asheville, North Carolina offering girls from Connecticut a campus free of distraction and the previous negative influences affecting their lives. Girls can truly begin their healing process while attending our program out of state. While Solstice East is not located in Connecticut, it is still considered one of the best residential treatment centers for teens.
Families from Connecticut believe Solstice East is one of the best residential treatment centers for teens, because our program strongly embodies a family focused approach to therapy. With the many families from out of state choosing our program, we put a large emphasis on the entire family. Unlike many other residential treatment centers for teens, we believe family is an important part of a girl’s healing process. Solstice East provides families with various activities such as family therapy, family workshops, and experiential interventions. These activities provide families with the necessary tools to begin repairing and rebuilding their family relationship.
Solstice East offers students innovative academics, an experienced and caring therapeutic team, and state of the art psychiatric services, our residential treatment centers for teens provides girls ages 14 to 18 with a positive, influential experience.
Solstice East Residential Treatment Centers for Teens Help Connecticut Families Find Success
Solstice East is unlike other Connecticut residential treatment centers for teens, because considered because it has helped numerous amounts of families from around the United States find success. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides families with the best possible treatment and care. Our evidence based therapeutic approaches help build a solid foundation for growth and development for Connecticut teens who are struggling with the many emotional and behavioral issues young girls face.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Connecticut teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Teens develop new trusting relationships with others through their therapeutic experiences in Equine Therapy. Unlike other residential treatment centers for teens, Solstice East utilizes the powerful abilities of horses. Horses are used in therapy because of how they reflect the emotion from those around them, teaching teens how to better evaluate and modify their behaviors and communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Milieu therapy is known for its strong focus on the various beneficial qualities of community. Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Connecticut teens. Teens receive unique and transformative benefits through our caring staff, understanding peers, and community service.
- Psychiatric services: It is not uncommon for students to need psychiatric services while attending residential treatment centers for teens. Many of the students who attend Solstice East are already receiving psychiatric care or medication. Psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Connecticut teens. Due to this we have a staff member who manages the psychiatric services of students and works with the other therapeutic staff to ensure that each girl is getting the best treatment.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Connecticut teens in a Residential Treatment Centers For Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Body Image Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Impulse Control
– Disordered Eating
– Social Isolation
– Family Dysfunction
– Self Harm
Resources for Connecticut Families Seeking Help
The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) – NIDA is a national organization that offers resources to teens and families on substance abuse and experimentation. Their various resources include articles discussing science based data, news related topics including drugs in pop culture, and parenting tips. Their resources often include general explanations of different substances, the numerous consequences they can have, and advice for parents or individuals who are dealing with drug abuse and are in need of treatment.
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) , The resources provided by AACAP or organized based on specific mental health topics. This can be useful for families who are seeking local treatment, help, or information on mental health. Their organization is specifically focused on promoting mental health awareness in youth.
Solstice East Helps Families From Connecticut
Solstice East helps Connecticut families from cities and towns like: Darien New Canaan Greenwich Westport Weston Wilton Groton Long Point Town of Ridgefield Washington Roxbury
Solstice East helps Connecticut families from:
Some examples of cities from Connecticut which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Bridgeport New Haven Stamford Hartford Waterbury Norwalk Danbury New Britain Bristol Meriden West Haven Milford
- How Can Horse Therapy Improve Relationship Skills In ChildrenFor children struggling with a variety of mental health issues, from trauma to depression to addiction, research has shown that equine programs can provide substantial benefits. From horseback riding to caring for horses through equine-assisted therapy, interacting with horses can help improve overall mental health and relationships with others. How working... Read more »
- PTSD In Teenagers: How You Can Help Your DaughterChildhood trauma can have a profound impact on adolescent’s development, resulting in negative effects on physical growth, psychological development, mental health, and in severe cases, it can be the catalyst for developing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Experiencing childhood trauma has become more widespread with many research studies claiming that over... Read more »
- Unhealthy Coping Mechanisms for Dealing with Grief and LossGrief and loss are a part of every person’s life. At some point, we will lose a pet, or a friend, or a loved one. And while it is natural and normal, that does not make it any easier when it happens. Grief is especially challenging for young people. They are... Read more »