Virginia Residential Treatment Centers for Depression Families Can Trust
Solstice East has helped multiple Virginia families and their daughters find success. Every child has different needs, which is why our residential treatment center is specifically focused on helping struggling girls ages 14 to 18. Every element of our program was designed to help young girls in this age group. What sets us apart from other residential treatment centers for depression, is our use of evidence based therapeutic techniques and accredited academics.
Many of the girls we help struggle with emotional and behavioral issues such as trauma, depression, and self-esteem. Due to this, many of these girls also struggle with relationships and family dynamics. As one of the top residential treatment centers for depression for Virginia girls, we help girls and their families rebuild their relationships and find lasting success.
Although Solstice East is not located in Virginia, we have helped many families from all over the United States. Through unique therapeutic techniques such as equine therapy, milieu therapy, and family therapy, teen girls being the healing process.
Solstice East Residential Treatment Centers for Depression Helps Virginia Families Find Success
Solstice East is considered one of the more unique residential treatment centers for depression because it has helped multiple families around the United States find success. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides families with the best possible treatment and care.
Our unique approach forms a solid foundation for growth and development for Virginia teens who are struggling with the many common mental health issues today.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Virginia teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment centers for depression, Virginia teens develop trusting relationships with others. Horses are known for the reflection of emotion from those around them, which teaches teens how to better evaluate and modify their behaviors and communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Milieu therapy emphasizes on the various qualities of community as a therapeutic benefit. Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Virginia teens. Through our caring staff, understanding peers, and community services, Virginia teens receive unique and positive benefits.
- Psychiatric services: Many of our students are already receiving psychiatric care or medication. At Solstice East, we believe that psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Virginia teens. Our residential treatment centers for depression offer a psychiatrist on staff who helps manage teens medication and clinical care.
Resources for Virginia Families Seeking Help
Your Little Professor , Your Little Professor is a website that offers various resources including articles, blogs, diagnosis definitions, and treatment programs. It is extremely useful for families seeking help or information on mental health issues found in children. It is mainly focused on helping parents of children with autism spectrum, but also has useful resources on other mental health conditions.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) , NAMI provides national and local resources for individuals who are seeking knowledge on mental health conditions. It is a national association that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health. They believe that providing multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues, society will obtain a better grasp on the issues of mental health today.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Virginia teens in a Residential Treatment Centers For Depression setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Disordered Eating
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Low Self Esteem
– Body Image Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Social Isolation
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Impulse Control
Solstice East Helps Families From Virginia
Solstice East helps Virginia families from cities and towns like: Great Falls Mc Lean Dunn Loring Oakton Vienna Waterford Fort Hunt Clifton Arlington Middleburg
Solstice East helps Virginia families from:
Some examples of cities from Virginia which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Virginia Beach Norfolk Chesapeake Richmond Newport News Alexandria Hampton Roanoke Portsmouth Suffolk Lynchburg Harrisonburg
- Trauma Treatment Center for Teens: When Grief Becomes UnhealthyGrief–we all feel it at some point in our lives, but for some, it’s experienced far too early on. The first experience of grief can be through the loss of a friendship or the death of a pet or a grandparent. As a trauma treatment center for teens, we know... Read more »
- Breathe In, Breathe Out: How Mindfulness Helps Teens who Struggle with Depression and AnxietyTeen suicide. Substance abuse. Bullying and fights. Although seemingly unrelated, these all too frequent epidemics are plaguing today’s schools; and, frequently, they seem to spring from a single common source. Teenagers are finding it tough to cope these days; the challenging, sometimes stifling demands of peer pressure and academic performance... Read more »
- A Barrier to Success: Teen Jealousy and JudgmentTeen jealousy and judgment–they may seem like a normal part of teen life, but they can actually act as a major barrier for future success. When I think of teen jealousy, the movie Mean Girls comes to mind. The “burn book” and constant castigation of others, it’s complete jealousy and... Read more »