Solstice East Residential Treatment Centers for Depression Helps Vermont Families Find Success
Solstice East is considered one of the more unique residential treatment centers for depression because it has helped multiple families around the United States find success. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides families with the best possible treatment and care.
Our unique approach forms a solid foundation for growth and development for Vermont teens who are struggling with the many common mental health issues today.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Vermont teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment centers for depression, Vermont teens develop trusting relationships with others. Horses are known for the reflection of emotion from those around them, which teaches teens how to better evaluate and modify their behaviors and communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Milieu therapy emphasizes on the various qualities of community as a therapeutic benefit. Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Vermont teens. Through our caring staff, understanding peers, and community services, Vermont teens receive unique and positive benefits.
- Psychiatric services: Many of our students are already receiving psychiatric care or medication. At Solstice East, we believe that psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Vermont teens. Our residential treatment centers for depression offer a psychiatrist on staff who helps manage teens medication and clinical care.
Vermont Residential Treatment Centers for Depression Families Can Trust
Solstice East has helped multiple Vermont families and their daughters find success. Every child has different needs, which is why our residential treatment center is specifically focused on helping struggling girls ages 14 to 18. Every element of our program was designed to help young girls in this age group. What sets us apart from other residential treatment centers for depression, is our use of evidence based therapeutic techniques and accredited academics.
Many of the girls we help struggle with emotional and behavioral issues such as trauma, depression, and self-esteem. Due to this, many of these girls also struggle with relationships and family dynamics. As one of the top residential treatment centers for depression for Vermont girls, we help girls and their families rebuild their relationships and find lasting success.
Although Solstice East is not located in Vermont, we have helped many families from all over the United States. Through unique therapeutic techniques such as equine therapy, milieu therapy, and family therapy, teen girls being the healing process.
For more information on how Solstice East, one of the top reviewed residential treatment centers for depression can help families from Vermont, please call (855) 672-7058.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Vermont teens in a Residential Treatment Centers For Depression setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low Self Esteem
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Social Isolation
– Self Harm
– Impulse Control
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Body Image Issues
– Disordered Eating
Resources for Vermont Families Seeking Help
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): The U.S. Department of Health and Human services offers the SAMHSA agency, which works to provide help for behavioral health in the United States. Through their website, they offer a variety of articles on different aspects of behavioral health. They also offer resources for anyone who needs mental health assistance, including hotlines and local resources.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) NAMI provides national and local resources for individuals who are seeking knowledge on mental health conditions. It is a national association that works to eliminate the stigma of mental health. They believe that providing multiple resources for individuals who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues, society will obtain a better grasp on the issues of mental health today.
Solstice East helps Vermont families from:
Some examples of cities from Vermont which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Charlotte Town of Stowe Dorset Fayston Waitsfield
Solstice East Helps Families From Vermont
- Why Teens Avoid the D Word: Sadness in TeensTeens with depression may feel uncomfortable verbalizing how they feel. They may feel embarrassed or may not want to seem vulnerable. Some things to consider include why it may be hard for your teen to say they are depressed instead of grumpy or sad. Sadness in teens is perceived differently... Read more »
- Mind and Body: Healthy Living and PTSDHealthy Living and PTSD are interconnected during the treatment process. While one is working to cope with the symptoms of PTSD, healthy living should also be made a priority. Research from PsychCentral talks about how “the nervous system and brain do not operate separately from the physical body. When we... Read more »
- Unplugging Teen CyberbullyingOnline bullying has become increasingly common with the growth of social media platforms. The term that refers to online bullying is best known as “cyberbullying”. Teen cyberbullying can quickly start to have a negative impact on ones life. In fact, there is a line between online bullying and depression in... Read more »