Solstice East Residential Treatment Centers for Depression Helps Maryland Families Find Success
Solstice East is considered one of the more unique residential treatment centers for depression because it has helped multiple families around the United States find success. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides families with the best possible treatment and care.
Our unique approach forms a solid foundation for growth and development for Maryland teens who are struggling with the many common mental health issues today.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Maryland teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment centers for depression, Maryland teens develop trusting relationships with others. Horses are known for the reflection of emotion from those around them, which teaches teens how to better evaluate and modify their behaviors and communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Milieu therapy emphasizes on the various qualities of community as a therapeutic benefit. Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Maryland teens. Through our caring staff, understanding peers, and community services, Maryland teens receive unique and positive benefits.
- Psychiatric services: Many of our students are already receiving psychiatric care or medication. At Solstice East, we believe that psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Maryland teens. Our residential treatment centers for depression offer a psychiatrist on staff who helps manage teens medication and clinical care.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Maryland teens in a Residential Treatment Centers For Depression setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Disordered Eating
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Body Image Issues
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Social Isolation
Maryland Residential Treatment Centers for Depression
Solstice East is one of the top reviewed residential treatment centers for depression which helps Maryland teens. Focused specifically on helping girls ages 14 to 18, our program addresses multiple issues including learning disorders, trauma and loss, and depression.
Through our holistic therapeutic approach, teen girls from Maryland arent treated for problem areas, instead our residential treatment center works on healing the entire person. Unlike other residential treatment centers for depression, every aspect of our program is designed to help heal the mind, body, and soul of struggling teens.
Solstice East is located outside of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, which offers girls a new, distraction free environment to being their healing process. While Solstice East is not located in Maryland, it is still considered one of the best residential treatment centers for depression.
Many families come to us frustrated, lost, and often wondering if sending their child away from home is a good decision? We believe that families see greater success when their child is removed from previous negative influences or environments. At Solstice East, we understand how difficult this decision is for parents which is why we work hard to help parents find the best plan for their daughter from Maryland.
To learn more about how residential treatment centers for depression can help your family, please call: (855) 672-7058.
Resources for Maryland Families Seeking Help
Mentalhealth.gov: MentalHealth.gov offers local communities, teachers and administrators, families, and youth battling with mental illness various resources on mental health. Run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, it includes various local resources families can use to get help. Through their articles, they offer advice, address psychological challenges, and discuss general information on mental health issues.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) The Anxiety and Depression Association of America is a great resource for both professionals and families in need of more information on Anxiety and Depression. Specifically focused on these two mental health conditions, the anxiety disorders ADAA provides resources on include GAD, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, specific phobias, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions. They also work to provide information that educates individuals on stigmas and misconceptions about mental health.
Solstice East Helps Families From Maryland
Solstice East helps Maryland families from cities and towns like: Chevy Chase Village Somerset Travilah Chevy Chase Terrace Chevy Chase Brookmont Cabin John Potomac Bethesda Darnestown
Solstice East helps Maryland families from:
- You Aren’t Out of Options: Treatment for Teen DepressionTreatment for teen depression is needed more now than ever before, especially for young women. Studies show that today’s youth experience depression much more often than generations before them. Research has linked this to increased academic pressure, unattainable media standards, and technology use. So, if your daughter is one of... Read more »
- Helping a teenager with PTSD: 5 ways to ease the symptoms of PTSDAlthough the first thing that pops into mind for most people when they hear or read the word PTSD is a soldier, post-traumatic disorder can happen to anyone, even to the smallest of kids. Extreme acts of violence, natural disasters, bullying, verbal and sexual abuse are all known causes of... Read more »
- Are the Teenage Years for Fun or Anxiety? Five Contributing Factors of AnxietyAnxiety is the top mental health issue among American youths. It is no surprise when considering the societal standards that are pressed upon today’s youth. Teens spend more time one achievement and thinking about adulthood and less time being typical teenagers. Society has set the stage for this issue. What... Read more »