Solstice East Residential Treatment Centers for Depression Helps Maryland Families Find Success
Solstice East is considered one of the more unique residential treatment centers for depression because it has helped multiple families around the United States find success. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides families with the best possible treatment and care.
Our unique approach forms a solid foundation for growth and development for Maryland teens who are struggling with the many common mental health issues today.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Maryland teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment centers for depression, Maryland teens develop trusting relationships with others. Horses are known for the reflection of emotion from those around them, which teaches teens how to better evaluate and modify their behaviors and communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Milieu therapy emphasizes on the various qualities of community as a therapeutic benefit. Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Maryland teens. Through our caring staff, understanding peers, and community services, Maryland teens receive unique and positive benefits.
- Psychiatric services: Many of our students are already receiving psychiatric care or medication. At Solstice East, we believe that psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Maryland teens. Our residential treatment centers for depression offer a psychiatrist on staff who helps manage teens medication and clinical care.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Maryland teens in a Residential Treatment Centers For Depression setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Disordered Eating
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Body Image Issues
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Social Isolation
Maryland Residential Treatment Centers for Depression
Solstice East is one of the top reviewed residential treatment centers for depression which helps Maryland teens. Focused specifically on helping girls ages 14 to 18, our program addresses multiple issues including learning disorders, trauma and loss, and depression.
Through our holistic therapeutic approach, teen girls from Maryland arent treated for problem areas, instead our residential treatment center works on healing the entire person. Unlike other residential treatment centers for depression, every aspect of our program is designed to help heal the mind, body, and soul of struggling teens.
Solstice East is located outside of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, which offers girls a new, distraction free environment to being their healing process. While Solstice East is not located in Maryland, it is still considered one of the best residential treatment centers for depression.
Many families come to us frustrated, lost, and often wondering if sending their child away from home is a good decision? We believe that families see greater success when their child is removed from previous negative influences or environments. At Solstice East, we understand how difficult this decision is for parents which is why we work hard to help parents find the best plan for their daughter from Maryland.
To learn more about how residential treatment centers for depression can help your family, please call: (855) 672-7058.
Resources for Maryland Families Seeking Help
Mentalhealth.gov: MentalHealth.gov offers local communities, teachers and administrators, families, and youth battling with mental illness various resources on mental health. Run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, it includes various local resources families can use to get help. Through their articles, they offer advice, address psychological challenges, and discuss general information on mental health issues.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) The Anxiety and Depression Association of America is a great resource for both professionals and families in need of more information on Anxiety and Depression. Specifically focused on these two mental health conditions, the anxiety disorders ADAA provides resources on include GAD, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, specific phobias, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions. They also work to provide information that educates individuals on stigmas and misconceptions about mental health.
Solstice East Helps Families From Maryland
Solstice East helps Maryland families from cities and towns like: Chevy Chase Village Somerset Travilah Chevy Chase Terrace Chevy Chase Brookmont Cabin John Potomac Bethesda Darnestown
Solstice East helps Maryland families from:
- Anxiety and PTSD in Teen Girls: What Parents Need to KnowAnxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder are two things that can impact everyone. Teen girls may struggle with one or both of these types of disorders. The symptoms they exhibit may vary based off of the individual and the situations surrounding them. Pop singer, Ariana Grande, recently shared an image of... Read more »
- Why Teens Avoid the D Word: Sadness in TeensTeens with depression may feel uncomfortable verbalizing how they feel. They may feel embarrassed or may not want to seem vulnerable. Some things to consider include why it may be hard for your teen to say they are depressed instead of grumpy or sad. Sadness in teens is perceived differently... Read more »
- Steps to Help A Depressed Struggling TeenFinding the best help for a depressed struggling teen is not always a straight shot. What works for one teen may not be helpful for another. As kids become older and their life problems become more complex, you have to transition to a supportive role. You may not have all... Read more »