Maine Residential Treatment Centers for Depression
Solstice East is one of the top reviewed residential treatment centers for depression which helps Maine teens. Focused specifically on helping girls ages 14 to 18, our program addresses multiple issues including learning disorders, trauma and loss, and depression.
Through our holistic therapeutic approach, teen girls from Maine arent treated for problem areas, instead our residential treatment center works on healing the entire person. Unlike other residential treatment centers for depression, every aspect of our program is designed to help heal the mind, body, and soul of struggling teens.
Solstice East is located outside of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, which offers girls a new, distraction free environment to being their healing process. While Solstice East is not located in Maine, it is still considered one of the best residential treatment centers for depression.
Many families come to us frustrated, lost, and often wondering if sending their child away from home is a good decision? We believe that families see greater success when their child is removed from previous negative influences or environments. At Solstice East, we understand how difficult this decision is for parents which is why we work hard to help parents find the best plan for their daughter from Maine.
To learn more about how residential treatment centers for depression can help your family, please call: (855) 672-7058.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Maine teens in a Residential Treatment Centers For Depression setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Grief and Loss
– Self Harm
– Impulse Control
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Disordered Eating
– Social Isolation
– Family Dysfunction
– Body Image Issues
Solstice East Residential Treatment Centers for Depression Helps Maine Families Find Success
Solstice East is considered one of the more unique residential treatment centers for depression because it has helped multiple families around the United States find success. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides families with the best possible treatment and care.
Our unique approach forms a solid foundation for growth and development for Maine teens who are struggling with the many common mental health issues today.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Maine teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment centers for depression, Maine teens develop trusting relationships with others. Horses are known for the reflection of emotion from those around them, which teaches teens how to better evaluate and modify their behaviors and communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Milieu therapy emphasizes on the various qualities of community as a therapeutic benefit. Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Maine teens. Through our caring staff, understanding peers, and community services, Maine teens receive unique and positive benefits.
- Psychiatric services: Many of our students are already receiving psychiatric care or medication. At Solstice East, we believe that psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Maine teens. Our residential treatment centers for depression offer a psychiatrist on staff who helps manage teens medication and clinical care.
Resources for Maine Families Seeking Help
Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) The Anxiety and Depression Association of America is a great resource for both professionals and families in need of more information on Anxiety and Depression. Specifically focused on these two mental health conditions, the anxiety disorders ADAA provides resources on include GAD, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, specific phobias, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions. They also work to provide information that educates individuals on stigmas and misconceptions about mental health.
Your Little Professor Your Little Professor is a website that offers various resources including articles, blogs, diagnosis definitions, and treatment programs. It is extremely useful for families seeking help or information on mental health issues found in children. It is mainly focused on helping parents of children with autism spectrum, but also has useful resources on other mental health conditions.
Solstice East helps Maine families from:
Some examples of cities from Maine which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Portland Islesboro Phippsburg West Bath Bowdoinham
Solstice East Helps Families From Maine
- Getting Help For A Defiant Teenage Daughter: Five Ways To End DefianceThe teenage years bring about many hormonal changes for teenage girls. Parenting a teenager can often feel like a power struggle. When they exhibit defiant behavior, it can quickly become frustrating and cause you to want to react negatively. In the end, this will only worsen the situation and the... Read more »
- Steps to Help A Depressed Struggling TeenFinding the best help for a depressed struggling teen is not always a straight shot. What works for one teen may not be helpful for another. As kids become older and their life problems become more complex, you have to transition to a supportive role. You may not have all... Read more »
- Teen Attachment Issues: The T.V. and Tips for ParentsAs a parent addressing teen attachment issues can be difficult. You may not know what to do or say to help your teen with their struggles. Research shows that help may be behind the tv screen. Recent studies have found that stories from tv or movies can help individuals cope... Read more »