Solstice East: One of the Top Connecticut Residential Treatment Centers for Depression
Connecticut families trust Solstice East with their child because it is one of the best residential treatment centers for depression.
Located in Asheville, North Carolina, our residential treatment center offers girls a new environment and opportunity to achieve the success and life they deserve. A removal from their current everyday environment in Connecticut is often what teen girls need to find lasting change. Our scenic and serene campus helps teen girls and their families start the journey towards healing.
Solstice East is considered one of the leading residential treatment centers for depression for Connecticut families, because our program utilizes a family focused approach to therapy. As an out of state option for many families, we put a large emphasis on the entire family. Family is an important part of a girls healing process, and to ensure that the family is included we provide activities such as family therapy, experiential interventions, and family workshops. With these tools families and their daughters being repairing and rebuilding family relationships.
Through innovative academics, an experienced and caring therapeutic team, and state of the art psychiatric services, Solstice East provides girls ages 14 to 18 with a transformative experience. To learn more about how residential treatment centers for depression can help your Connecticut teen, please call (855) 672-7058.
Solstice East Residential Treatment Centers for Depression Helps Connecticut Families Find Success
Solstice East is considered one of the more unique residential treatment centers for depression because it has helped multiple families around the United States find success. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides families with the best possible treatment and care.
Our unique approach forms a solid foundation for growth and development for Connecticut teens who are struggling with the many common mental health issues today.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Connecticut teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment centers for depression, Connecticut teens develop trusting relationships with others. Horses are known for the reflection of emotion from those around them, which teaches teens how to better evaluate and modify their behaviors and communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Milieu therapy emphasizes on the various qualities of community as a therapeutic benefit. Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Connecticut teens. Through our caring staff, understanding peers, and community services, Connecticut teens receive unique and positive benefits.
- Psychiatric services: Many of our students are already receiving psychiatric care or medication. At Solstice East, we believe that psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Connecticut teens. Our residential treatment centers for depression offer a psychiatrist on staff who helps manage teens medication and clinical care.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Connecticut teens in a Residential Treatment Centers For Depression setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Impulse Control
– Body Image Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Grief and Loss
– Self Harm
– Social Isolation
– Low Self Esteem
– Disordered Eating
Resources for Connecticut Families Seeking Help
The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) – NIDA offers resources to teens and families on substance abuse and experimentation. Their resources include various articles discussing scientific facts, drugs in pop culture, and parenting tips. Their resources include explanations of different substances, the multiple repercussions they can have, and advice for parents or individuals who are dealing with drug abuse and are in need of treatment.
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) The resources provided by AACAP or organized based on specific mental health topics. This can be useful for families who are seeking local treatment, help, or information on mental health. Their organization is specifically focused on promoting mental health awareness in youth.
Solstice East Helps Families From Connecticut
Solstice East helps Connecticut families from cities and towns like: Darien New Canaan Greenwich Westport Weston Wilton Groton Long Point Town of Ridgefield Washington Roxbury
Solstice East helps Connecticut families from:
Some examples of cities from Connecticut which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Bridgeport New Haven Stamford Hartford Waterbury Norwalk Danbury New Britain Bristol Meriden West Haven Milford
- Help! My Daughter is DepressedThe teenage years can be extremely tough. You remember the growing pains associated with trying to handle hormones, make good grades, maintain a social life, and enjoy your hobbies or find new ones. It can all be extremely overwhelming. Depression among teens is not a new phenomenon. It is more... Read more »
- Social Media Gone South: Parenting in the Internet AgeSocial media can be a monster. A parent’s worst nightmare. The internet age sets the stage for many scary possibilities. Embarrassing messages can be kept alive forever. Predators and identity thieves are always on the prowl. And criminal prosecution can be the consequence of a youthful mistake. It’s important to know... Read more »
- A Parent’s Guide: How To Help A Teen with PTSDTeens who suffer from PTSD find coping to be extremely difficult. A recent study revealed that memories that come from traumatic events change according to the individual’s perception of the world around them. Naturally, we fill in gaps to make things make sense in our head. The same happens when... Read more »