Solstice East: A Residential Treatment Center West Virginia Families Can Trust
As a residential treatment center West Virginia teens and families have relied on for years, Solstice East has helped countless teen girls achieve lasting success. By combining college preparatory academics with the expertise of a supportive therapeutic team, Solstice East helps teen girls from West Virginia struggling with behavioral and emotional challenges.
Although Solstice East is located in North Carolina and not West Virginia, we help families from across the United States find success.
Many girls from West Virginia come to our residential treatment center struggling with issues related to trauma, attachment, and anxiety. Our developmentally appropriate programming is specifically designed to help teen girls from West Virginia achieve personal growth and empowerment.
Our residential treatment center for teen girls from West Virginia takes a holistic approach to therapy. This means that instead of treating problem areas, we focus on healing the entire person. Every aspect of our programming is oriented towards treating the mind, body, and soul of teens struggling from troubling challenges.
Solstice East utilizes a family focused approach to therapy, ensuring that the entire family is involved in every step of the therapeutic process. This is achieved through activities such as family therapy and experiential interventions. We believe that an important aspect of your daughters healing journey is repairing and rebuilding family relationships.
Many families from West Virginia come to us feeling as though the turmoil within their family caused by their daughters struggles will never end. We help to provide solutions to your daughters challenges and reconnect you with your daughter.
For more information about how our residential treatment center can help your daughter from West Virginia heal, please call our admissions team toll-free at (855) 672-7058.
Solstice East Residential Treatment Center Helps Teens From West Virginia Heal
When teens first come to Solstice East, some level of apprehension is completely normal. During their time at Solstice East, teens from West Virginia are offered some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides the top level of therapeutic care for teen girls and their families.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges West Virginia teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment center, West Virginia teens learn about developing trusting relationships with others. Horses reflect the emotions of those surrounding them, which helps teens evaluate and modify their communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Every aspect of programming at Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for West Virginia teens. Milieu therapy utilizes the powerful qualities of the community (including peers, staff members, community roles, etc.) to create positive impacts on teens from West Virginia.
- Psychiatric services: Psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for West Virginia teens. Our residential treatment center has a psychiatrist on staff who is fully integrated into our clinical team.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps West Virginia teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Grief and Loss
– Social Isolation
– Low Self Esteem
– Family Dysfunction
– Disordered Eating
– Self Harm
– Body Image Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Impulse Control
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Resources for West Virginia Families Seeking Help
Psychology Today: Psychology Today offers a vast selection of articles related to mental health written by therapeutic specialists. In addition to the written information available to visitors across the site, Psychology Today has a directory of therapists across the United States who specialize in specific mental health fields. This is a great resource for parents who are seeking local help for their child.
National Institute of Mental Health: The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is the lead federal agency that conducts research on mental disorders. NIMH is dedicated to transforming the understanding and treatment of mental illness. They conduct research and raise awareness for mental health conditions. Their website offers a variety of educational resources for individuals seeking information about a wide array of mental health challenges. NIMH has taken part in a number of collaborative outreach efforts in order to spread awareness for mental health. Their website also offers numerous publications for visitor to peruse which discuss research and general mental health facts.
Solstice East Helps Families From West Virginia
Solstice East helps West Virginia families from cities and towns like: Shepherdstown Cheat Lake Shenandoah Junction Summit Point Charles Town Morgantown Brookhaven Kearneysville Bolivar Westover
Solstice East helps West Virginia families from:
- Girl Time: Parenting a child with peer-relationship strugglesGirlhood can be extremely difficult. Drama and social demands are constantly on the radar. Girls can find it challenging to socially navigate. This can cause peer-related struggles. As a parent, this can be heart-breaking. We wish everyone could see the amazing things our child offers the world. If your child... Read more »
- Getting Help For A Defiant Teenage Daughter: Five Ways To End DefianceThe teenage years bring about many hormonal changes for teenage girls. Parenting a teenager can often feel like a power struggle. When they exhibit defiant behavior, it can quickly become frustrating and cause you to want to react negatively. In the end, this will only worsen the situation and the... Read more »
- What Causes Stress in Teens: Management StrategiesThe teenage years can be an extremely stressful period in one’s life. Young one’s are trying to figure out who they are and where they fit in. Relationships, school work, and hormones can make this period in one’s life extremely overwhelming. As a parent, it is not abnormal to feel... Read more »