Solstice East Residential Treatment Center Helps Teens From South Dakota Heal
When teens first come to Solstice East, some level of apprehension is completely normal. During their time at Solstice East, teens from South Dakota are offered some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides the top level of therapeutic care for teen girls and their families.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges South Dakota teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment center, South Dakota teens learn about developing trusting relationships with others. Horses reflect the emotions of those surrounding them, which helps teens evaluate and modify their communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Every aspect of programming at Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for South Dakota teens. Milieu therapy utilizes the powerful qualities of the community (including peers, staff members, community roles, etc.) to create positive impacts on teens from South Dakota.
- Psychiatric services: Psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for South Dakota teens. Our residential treatment center has a psychiatrist on staff who is fully integrated into our clinical team.
South Dakota Residential Treatment Center For Teen Girls
Solstice East is a residential treatment center South Dakota families can trust. Solstice East helps teen girls ages 14-18 struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges such as trauma, depression, and attachment. Utilizing evidence based therapeutic techniques combined with accredited academics, Solstice East has helped many families from South Dakota rebuild and strengthen relationships with their struggling teen.
Our residential treatment center specializes in helping teen girls from South Dakota through programming specifically designed to help young girls in this age group. Every aspect of the residential treatment center environment was built with the specific needs of teen girls in mind.
Although not located in South Dakota, Solstice East has helped many families from South Dakota achieve lasting success. Often, a removal from their everyday environment can help teens focus solely on their healing journey. Solstice East is located in North Carolina, just outside of Asheville. It is surrounded by the beautiful Appalachian mountains. The scenic beauty of our campus and its surrounding area allows for a serene environment for young girls to achieve personal growth.
As a residential treatment center helping teens from South Dakota find lasting success, Solstice East takes a holistic approach to therapy. At Solstice East, instead of focusing on specific problem areas within teens, we focus on treating the whole person – mind, body and spirit.
For more information about getting help for your daughter from South Dakota at our residential treatment center, please call (855) 672-7058 to speak to one of our admissions team members.
Resources for South Dakota Families Seeking Help
Therapy Programs For Teens: Therapy Programs For Teens offers a number of articles which delve into a variety of subjects about mental health. Topics ranging from the best treatment options for struggling teens to mental health related events in pop culture are discussed. Therapy Programs for Teens is a great resource for parents seeking more information about specific treatment methods and recent news about research.
Psychology Today: Psychology Today offers a vast selection of articles related to mental health written by therapeutic specialists. In addition to the written information available to visitors across the site, Psychology Today has a directory of therapists across the United States who specialize in specific mental health fields. This is a great resource for parents who are seeking local help for their child.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps South Dakota teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low Self Esteem
– Social Isolation
– Family Dysfunction
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Body Image Issues
– Disordered Eating
– Self Harm
– Impulse Control
– Asperger’s Disorder
Solstice East helps South Dakota families from:
Some examples of cities from South Dakota which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Sioux Falls Rapid Hartford
Solstice East Helps Families From South Dakota
Solstice East helps South Dakota families from cities and towns like: Hartford
- Help! My Daughter is DepressedThe teenage years can be extremely tough. You remember the growing pains associated with trying to handle hormones, make good grades, maintain a social life, and enjoy your hobbies or find new ones. It can all be extremely overwhelming. Depression among teens is not a new phenomenon. It is more... Read more »
- Getting Help For A Defiant Teenage Daughter: Five Ways To End DefianceThe teenage years bring about many hormonal changes for teenage girls. Parenting a teenager can often feel like a power struggle. When they exhibit defiant behavior, it can quickly become frustrating and cause you to want to react negatively. In the end, this will only worsen the situation and the... Read more »
- You Aren’t Out of Options: Treatment for Teen DepressionTreatment for teen depression is needed more now than ever before, especially for young women. Studies show that today’s youth experience depression much more often than generations before them. Research has linked this to increased academic pressure, unattainable media standards, and technology use. So, if your daughter is one of... Read more »