South Carolina Residential Treatment Center For Teen Girls
Solstice East is a residential treatment center South Carolina families can trust. Solstice East helps teen girls ages 14-18 struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges such as trauma, depression, and attachment. Utilizing evidence based therapeutic techniques combined with accredited academics, Solstice East has helped many families from South Carolina rebuild and strengthen relationships with their struggling teen.
Our residential treatment center specializes in helping teen girls from South Carolina through programming specifically designed to help young girls in this age group. Every aspect of the residential treatment center environment was built with the specific needs of teen girls in mind.
Although not located in South Carolina, Solstice East has helped many families from South Carolina achieve lasting success. Often, a removal from their everyday environment can help teens focus solely on their healing journey. Solstice East is located in North Carolina, just outside of Asheville. It is surrounded by the beautiful Appalachian mountains. The scenic beauty of our campus and its surrounding area allows for a serene environment for young girls to achieve personal growth.
As a residential treatment center helping teens from South Carolina find lasting success, Solstice East takes a holistic approach to therapy. At Solstice East, instead of focusing on specific problem areas within teens, we focus on treating the whole person – mind, body and spirit.
For more information about getting help for your daughter from South Carolina at our residential treatment center, please call (855) 672-7058 to speak to one of our admissions team members.
Solstice East Residential Treatment Center Helps Teens From South Carolina Heal
When teens first come to Solstice East, some level of apprehension is completely normal. During their time at Solstice East, teens from South Carolina are offered some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides the top level of therapeutic care for teen girls and their families.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges South Carolina teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment center, South Carolina teens learn about developing trusting relationships with others. Horses reflect the emotions of those surrounding them, which helps teens evaluate and modify their communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Every aspect of programming at Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for South Carolina teens. Milieu therapy utilizes the powerful qualities of the community (including peers, staff members, community roles, etc.) to create positive impacts on teens from South Carolina.
- Psychiatric services: Psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for South Carolina teens. Our residential treatment center has a psychiatrist on staff who is fully integrated into our clinical team.
Resources for South Carolina Families Seeking Help
Wikipedia: Wikipedia provides an expansive collection of information discussing a wide range of subjects including many in the mental health field. For parents searching for basic definitions of mental health challenges, Wikipedia can be a useful resource. In addition, Wikipedia links out to a variety of sources which may be helpful for parents seeking help for their child. Wikipedia may not always be 100 percent reliable, but most of the information is accurate and well researched.
Therapy Programs For Teens: Therapy Programs For Teens offers a number of articles which delve into a variety of subjects about mental health. Topics ranging from the best treatment options for struggling teens to mental health related events in pop culture are discussed. Therapy Programs for Teens is a great resource for parents seeking more information about specific treatment methods and recent news about research.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps South Carolina teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family Dysfunction
– Social Isolation
– Disordered Eating
– Grief and Loss
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Low Self Esteem
– Self Harm
– Body Image Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
Solstice East Helps Families From South Carolina
Solstice East helps South Carolina families from cities and towns like: Sullivans Island Kiawah Island Isle of Palms Folly Beach Seabrook Island Meggett Mount Pleasant Hilton Head Island Awendaw Edisto Beach
Solstice East helps South Carolina families from:
- A Barrier to Success: Teen Jealousy and JudgmentTeen jealousy and judgment–they may seem like a normal part of teen life, but they can actually act as a major barrier for future success. When I think of teen jealousy, the movie Mean Girls comes to mind. The “burn book” and constant castigation of others, it’s complete jealousy and... Read more »
- Beyond the Label of a Diagnosis: Taking a Personalized Approach to Helping Troubled TeensThe teenage years are full of changes and challenges, for both the teen and their families. As young women enter adolescence, you may find that they are pulling away and looking for more autonomy. You may find that your opinion no longer matters as much, and they are now turning... Read more »
- Role Models for Girls: Your Daughter’s Hero Is An Indicator of SuccessParents of girls often hear things like “Oh, she’s a beauty!” Or “She’s going to be a heartbreaker!”, even when their daughter is very young. Girls often get the message from society that they are made of sugar and spice and everything nice and that their main interests should be... Read more »