Residential Treatment Center for Maine teens
Solstice East is a residential treatment center for Maine teens located just outside of Asheville, NC. Solstice East helps teens struggling with challenges such as trauma, impulse control, and learning disorders.
As a residential treatment center for teen girls from Maine focusing on addressing the specific struggles of young women during their teenage years, Solstice East provides a unique approach to helping teen girls from Maine find lasting success. Through cutting edge academics, an expert therapeutic team, and top of the line psychiatric services, Solstice East provides teen girls from Maine and their families with a transformative experience.
Solstice East is heavily focused on helping Maine families rebuild and repair damaged relationships and dynamics. Through family oriented programming such as family therapy sessions and family seminars, Solstice East involves the entire family through every step of the therapeutic process.
Although Solstice East is located outside of Maine, we help families from all over the country. Often, some amount of distance from a teen’s home environment allows for a removal of distractions from a teen’s life. This allows for students and families to focus on healing.
For more information about how our residential treatment center helps Maine families , please call (855) 672-7058.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Maine teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social Isolation
– Disordered Eating
– Self Harm
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Impulse Control
– Body Image Issues
How Does Solstice East Residential Treatment Center Help Maine Teens Find Success?
Solstice East has helped many Maine teens and their families realize successful outcomes through a variety of therapeutic techniques and principles. At Solstice East, we designed our residential treatment center for Maine teens to feel as comfortable and safe as possible. The milieu, also known as the structured environment of our program, was created for the purpose of designing a close knit community where every aspect of the program is designed to therapeutically benefit students.
At Solstice East, we help teen girls from Maine struggling with trauma and addictive behaviors through innovative therapeutic techniques such as EMDR, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Equine Assisted Psychotherapy. These therapeutic methods are an important aspect of our holistic approach to therapy.
As a residential treatment center for Maine teens, Solstice East provides accredited academics to all students. Every student receives an individualized academic plan designed specifically to meet their own specific academic needs. Small class sizes and personalized support help students from Maine see academic gains throughout their time at Solstice East. Our academic program also helps to ensure that students are in excellent academic standing upon their return to a traditional school environment.
Resources for Maine Families Seeking Help
Mentalhealth.gov: MentalHealth.gov is operated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s which provides information about mental health challenges and offers resources for individuals to address mental health challenges. In addition to providing basic information about mental health, it also offers a database of information which allows visitors to look up local mental health resources.
Your Little Professor: Your Little Professor provides a variety of helpful articles which provide information on a variety of mental health subjects. Your Little Professor also provides resources for parents seeking treatment programs for their children. Although the site is mainly focused on helping parents of children on the autism spectrum, Your Little Professor has quite a bit of information for parents of teens struggling with other emotional and behavioral issues such as substance use and depression.
Solstice East helps Maine families from:
Some examples of cities from Maine which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Portland Islesboro Phippsburg West Bath Bowdoinham
Solstice East Helps Families From Maine
Solstice East helps Maine families from cities and towns like: Islesboro Phippsburg West Bath Bowdoinham Town of Richmond Bath
- Beyond the Label of a Diagnosis: Taking a Personalized Approach to Helping Troubled TeensThe teenage years are full of changes and challenges, for both the teen and their families. As young women enter adolescence, you may find that they are pulling away and looking for more autonomy. You may find that your opinion no longer matters as much, and they are now turning... Read more »
- Therapy for Trauma in Teens: Sleep Could Be Critical for ProcessingSleep—it’s the fuel for our brains. In our society, many people view sleep as a waste of time or something that’s a tedious task, but that’s incredibly incorrect. During sleep, we’re able to process intense emotions, figure out issues, review new information, and give our brains time to reboot. Recently,... Read more »
- Breathe In, Breathe Out: How Mindfulness Helps Teens who Struggle with Depression and AnxietyTeen suicide. Substance abuse. Bullying and fights. Although seemingly unrelated, these all too frequent epidemics are plaguing today’s schools; and, frequently, they seem to spring from a single common source. Teenagers are finding it tough to cope these days; the challenging, sometimes stifling demands of peer pressure and academic performance... Read more »