Kansas Residential Treatment Center For Teen Girls
Solstice East is a residential treatment center Kansas families can trust. Solstice East helps teen girls ages 14-18 struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges such as trauma, depression, and attachment. Utilizing evidence based therapeutic techniques combined with accredited academics, Solstice East has helped many families from Kansas rebuild and strengthen relationships with their struggling teen.
Our residential treatment center specializes in helping teen girls from Kansas through programming specifically designed to help young girls in this age group. Every aspect of the residential treatment center environment was built with the specific needs of teen girls in mind.
Although not located in Kansas, Solstice East has helped many families from Kansas achieve lasting success. Often, a removal from their everyday environment can help teens focus solely on their healing journey. Solstice East is located in North Carolina, just outside of Asheville. It is surrounded by the beautiful Appalachian mountains. The scenic beauty of our campus and its surrounding area allows for a serene environment for young girls to achieve personal growth.
As a residential treatment center helping teens from Kansas find lasting success, Solstice East takes a holistic approach to therapy. At Solstice East, instead of focusing on specific problem areas within teens, we focus on treating the whole person – mind, body and spirit.
For more information about getting help for your daughter from Kansas at our residential treatment center, please call (855) 672-7058 to speak to one of our admissions team members.
Getting Help For Your Daughter From Kansas Through A Residential Treatment Center
Parents searching for a residential treatment center for their daughter from Kansas have a difficult choice ahead of them. Sending your daughter to a residential treatment center thats far away from home can be challenging and heartbreaking. At Solstice East, we take the concerns of Kansas parents into account. We understand how hard it is for you to find the right mental health treatment for your daughter.
To help guide Kansas teens along their journey towards healing, our residential treatment center utilizes the archetypal heros journey as a metaphor for the successful advancement of students through difficult challenges in their lives. Through their heros journey, each student experiences personal and psychological improvement through empowerment and learning more about their personal identity.
Our residential treatment center specializes in helping Kansas teens struggling with trauma and addictive behaviors heal and overcome their difficulties. We utilize top of the line therapeutic techniques to help struggling teen girls from Kansas find success and happiness. Therapeutic tools we utilize include:
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Gender-specific addictions treatments
We also utilize animal-based programming, academics, and recreational experiences to help empower students.
Resources for Kansas Families Seeking Help
Psychology Today: Psychology Today offers a vast selection of articles related to mental health written by therapeutic specialists. In addition to the written information available to visitors across the site, Psychology Today has a directory of therapists across the United States who specialize in specific mental health fields. This is a great resource for parents who are seeking local help for their child.
National Institute of Mental Health: The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is the lead federal agency that conducts research on mental disorders. NIMH is dedicated to transforming the understanding and treatment of mental illness. They conduct research and raise awareness for mental health conditions. Their website offers a variety of educational resources for individuals seeking information about a wide array of mental health challenges. NIMH has taken part in a number of collaborative outreach efforts in order to spread awareness for mental health. Their website also offers numerous publications for visitor to peruse which discuss research and general mental health facts.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Kansas teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low Self Esteem
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Body Image Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Impulse Control
– Family Dysfunction
– Social Isolation
– Self Harm
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Disordered Eating
Solstice East Helps Families From Kansas
Solstice East helps Kansas families from cities and towns like: Mission Hills Leawood Fairway Overland Park Lenexa Prairie Village De Soto Louisburg Spring Hill Shawnee
Solstice East helps Kansas families from:
- You Aren’t Out of Options: Treatment for Teen DepressionTreatment for teen depression is needed more now than ever before, especially for young women. Studies show that today’s youth experience depression much more often than generations before them. Research has linked this to increased academic pressure, unattainable media standards, and technology use. So, if your daughter is one of... Read more »
- Helping a teenager with PTSD: 5 ways to ease the symptoms of PTSDAlthough the first thing that pops into mind for most people when they hear or read the word PTSD is a soldier, post-traumatic disorder can happen to anyone, even to the smallest of kids. Extreme acts of violence, natural disasters, bullying, verbal and sexual abuse are all known causes of... Read more »
- PTSD Awareness in Teens: Why Is It Important?Did you know that 3% to 15% of girls and 1% to 6% of boys develop posttraumatic stress disorder as a result of a pre-existing trauma? If you don’t know about PTSD and its impacts on teens, we know why. Because the topic is simply not talked about enough. Teens are... Read more »