Solstice East: A Residential Treatment Center DC Families Can Trust
As a residential treatment center DC teens and families have relied on for years, Solstice East has helped countless teen girls achieve lasting success. By combining college preparatory academics with the expertise of a supportive therapeutic team, Solstice East helps teen girls from DC struggling with behavioral and emotional challenges.
Although Solstice East is located in North Carolina and not DC, we help families from across the United States find success.
Many girls from DC come to our residential treatment center struggling with issues related to trauma, attachment, and anxiety. Our developmentally appropriate programming is specifically designed to help teen girls from DC achieve personal growth and empowerment.
Our residential treatment center for teen girls from DC takes a holistic approach to therapy. This means that instead of treating problem areas, we focus on healing the entire person. Every aspect of our programming is oriented towards treating the mind, body, and soul of teens struggling from troubling challenges.
Solstice East utilizes a family focused approach to therapy, ensuring that the entire family is involved in every step of the therapeutic process. This is achieved through activities such as family therapy and experiential interventions. We believe that an important aspect of your daughter”s healing journey is repairing and rebuilding family relationships.
Many families from DC come to us feeling as though the turmoil within their family caused by their daughter”s struggles will never end. We help to provide solutions to your daughter”s challenges and reconnect you with your daughter.
For more information about how our residential treatment center can help your daughter from DC heal, please call our admissions team toll-free at (855) 672-7058.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps DC teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low Self Esteem
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Social Isolation
– Impulse Control
– Body Image Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Self Harm
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Disordered Eating
How Does Solstice East Residential Treatment Center Help DC Teens Find Success?
Solstice East has helped many DC teens and their families realize successful outcomes through a variety of therapeutic techniques and principles. At Solstice East, we designed our residential treatment center for DC teens to feel as comfortable and safe as possible. The milieu, also known as the structured environment of our program, was created for the purpose of designing a close knit community where every aspect of the program is designed to therapeutically benefit students.
At Solstice East, we help teen girls from DC struggling with trauma and addictive behaviors through innovative therapeutic techniques such as EMDR, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Equine Assisted Psychotherapy. These therapeutic methods are an important aspect of our holistic approach to therapy.
As a residential treatment center for DC teens, Solstice East provides accredited academics to all students. Every student receives an individualized academic plan designed specifically to meet their own specific academic needs. Small class sizes and personalized support help students from DC see academic gains throughout their time at Solstice East. Our academic program also helps to ensure that students are in excellent academic standing upon their return to a traditional school environment.
Resources for DC Families Seeking Help
Wikipedia: Wikipedia provides an expansive collection of information discussing a wide range of subjects including many in the mental health field. For parents searching for basic definitions of mental health challenges, Wikipedia can be a useful resource. In addition, Wikipedia links out to a variety of sources which may be helpful for parents seeking help for their child. Wikipedia may not always be 100 percent reliable, but most of the information is accurate and well researched.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)– NAMI offers assistance to individuals in need of help for a variety of mental health challenges. NAMI provides individuals with a vast collection of information which offer useful information for those who seek to learn more about mental health struggles. In addition to their more generalized information, NAMI also provides local information to help visitors find mental health resources in their local areas. NAMI gathering grassroots volunteers to fight against the stigma of mental health. They accept donations for continued research into various mental health issues and for raising awareness about mental health.
Solstice East helps DC families from:
Some examples of cities from DC which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Washington
Solstice East Helps Families From DC
Solstice East helps DC families from cities and towns like: Washington
- Breathe In, Breathe Out: How Mindfulness Helps Teens who Struggle with Depression and AnxietyTeen suicide. Substance abuse. Bullying and fights. Although seemingly unrelated, these all too frequent epidemics are plaguing today’s schools; and, frequently, they seem to spring from a single common source. Teenagers are finding it tough to cope these days; the challenging, sometimes stifling demands of peer pressure and academic performance... Read more »
- Identifying Unhealthy Relationships and Creating Healthy OnesCreating new relationships is an important part of development in adolescence. This is a time when teens are beginning to form their own interests and identities outside of their family unit. It can be exciting, but it also comes with a new set of challenges. As teens begin to create... Read more »
- Therapy for Trauma in Teens: Sleep Is Critical for ProcessingSleep—it’s the fuel for our brains. In our society, many people view sleep as a waste of time or something that’s a tedious task, but that’s incredibly incorrect. During sleep, we’re able to process intense emotions, figure out issues, review new information, and give our brains time to reboot. Recently,... Read more »