Solstice East Residential Treatment Center Helps Teens From Colorado Heal
When teens first come to Solstice East, some level of apprehension is completely normal. During their time at Solstice East, teens from Colorado are offered some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides the top level of therapeutic care for teen girls and their families.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Colorado teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment center, Colorado teens learn about developing trusting relationships with others. Horses reflect the emotions of those surrounding them, which helps teens evaluate and modify their communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Every aspect of programming at Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Colorado teens. Milieu therapy utilizes the powerful qualities of the community (including peers, staff members, community roles, etc.) to create positive impacts on teens from Colorado.
- Psychiatric services: Psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Colorado teens. Our residential treatment center has a psychiatrist on staff who is fully integrated into our clinical team.
Residential Treatment Center for Colorado teens
Solstice East is a residential treatment center for Colorado teens located just outside of Asheville, NC. Solstice East helps teens struggling with challenges such as trauma, impulse control, and learning disorders.
As a residential treatment center for teen girls from Colorado focusing on addressing the specific struggles of young women during their teenage years, Solstice East provides a unique approach to helping teen girls from Colorado find lasting success. Through cutting edge academics, an expert therapeutic team, and top of the line psychiatric services, Solstice East provides teen girls from Colorado and their families with a transformative experience.
Solstice East is heavily focused on helping Colorado families rebuild and repair damaged relationships and dynamics. Through family oriented programming such as family therapy sessions and family seminars, Solstice East involves the entire family through every step of the therapeutic process.
Although Solstice East is located outside of Colorado, we help families from all over the country. Often, some amount of distance from a teens home environment allows for a removal of distractions from a teens life. This allows for students and families to focus on healing.
For more information about how our residential treatment center helps Colorado families , please call (855) 672-7058.
Resources for Colorado Families Seeking Help
Therapy Programs For Teens: Therapy Programs For Teens offers a number of articles which delve into a variety of subjects about mental health. Topics ranging from the best treatment options for struggling teens to mental health related events in pop culture are discussed. Therapy Programs for Teens is a great resource for parents seeking more information about specific treatment methods and recent news about research.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)– NAMI offers assistance to individuals in need of help for a variety of mental health challenges. NAMI provides individuals with a vast collection of information which offer useful information for those who seek to learn more about mental health struggles. In addition to their more generalized information, NAMI also provides local information to help visitors find mental health resources in their local areas. NAMI gathering grassroots volunteers to fight against the stigma of mental health. They accept donations for continued research into various mental health issues and for raising awareness about mental health.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Colorado teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Social Isolation
– Low Self Esteem
– Body Image Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Disordered Eating
– Impulse Control
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Self Harm
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
Solstice East helps Colorado families from:
Some examples of cities from Colorado which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Denver Colorado Springs Aurora Fort Collins Lakewood Thornton Arvada Westminster Pueblo Centennial Boulder Greeley Longmont Loveland Broomfield Grand Junction Castle Rock town Commerce
Solstice East Helps Families From Colorado
Solstice East helps Colorado families from cities and towns like: Cherry Hills Village Aspen Greenwood Village Columbine Valley Vail Edwards Genesee Niwot Boulder Basalt
- Parenting 101: Help for OCD in TeensObsessive compulsive disorder can quickly become all-consuming in a teen’s life. Studies show that when teens are constantly hard on themselves it can lead to the development of OCD. The frequency and intensity of OCD-like behaviors is what separates them from a character trait and a disorder. Help for OCD... Read more »
- Unplugging Teen CyberbullyingOnline bullying has become increasingly common with the growth of social media platforms. The term that refers to online bullying is best known as “cyberbullying”. Teen cyberbullying can quickly start to have a negative impact on ones life. In fact, there is a line between online bullying and depression in... Read more »
- Why Teens Avoid the D Word: Sadness in TeensTeens with depression may feel uncomfortable verbalizing how they feel. They may feel embarrassed or may not want to seem vulnerable. Some things to consider include why it may be hard for your teen to say they are depressed instead of grumpy or sad. Sadness in teens is perceived differently... Read more »