Residential Treatment Center for California teens
Solstice East is a residential treatment center for California teens located just outside of Asheville, NC. Solstice East helps teens struggling with challenges such as trauma, impulse control, and learning disorders.
As a residential treatment center for teen girls from California focusing on addressing the specific struggles of young women during their teenage years, Solstice East provides a unique approach to helping teen girls from California find lasting success. Through cutting edge academics, an expert therapeutic team, and top of the line psychiatric services, Solstice East provides teen girls from California and their families with a transformative experience.
Solstice East is heavily focused on helping California families rebuild and repair damaged relationships and dynamics. Through family oriented programming such as family therapy sessions and family seminars, Solstice East involves the entire family through every step of the therapeutic process.
Although Solstice East is located outside of California, we help families from all over the country. Often, some amount of distance from a teen’s home environment allows for a removal of distractions from a teen’s life. This allows for students and families to focus on healing.
For more information about how our residential treatment center helps California families , please call (855) 672-7058.
Solstice East Residential Treatment Center Helps Teens From California Heal
When teens first come to Solstice East, some level of apprehension is completely normal. During their time at Solstice East, teens from California are offered some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides the top level of therapeutic care for teen girls and their families.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges California teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment center, California teens learn about developing trusting relationships with others. Horses reflect the emotions of those surrounding them, which helps teens evaluate and modify their communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Every aspect of programming at Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for California teens. Milieu therapy utilizes the powerful qualities of the community (including peers, staff members, community roles, etc.) to create positive impacts on teens from California.
- Psychiatric services: Psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for California teens. Our residential treatment center has a psychiatrist on staff who is fully integrated into our clinical team.
Resources for California Families Seeking Help
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)– NAMI offers assistance to individuals in need of help for a variety of mental health challenges. NAMI provides individuals with a vast collection of information which offer useful information for those who seek to learn more about mental health struggles. In addition to their more generalized information, NAMI also provides local information to help visitors find mental health resources in their local areas. NAMI gathering grassroots volunteers to fight against the stigma of mental health. They accept donations for continued research into various mental health issues and for raising awareness about mental health.
Your Little Professor: Your Little Professor provides a variety of helpful articles which provide information on a variety of mental health subjects. Your Little Professor also provides resources for parents seeking treatment programs for their children. Although the site is mainly focused on helping parents of children on the autism spectrum, Your Little Professor has quite a bit of information for parents of teens struggling with other emotional and behavioral issues such as substance use and depression.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps California teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social Isolation
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Body Image Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Impulse Control
– Disordered Eating
– Family Dysfunction
– Grief and Loss
– Self Harm
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
Solstice East Helps Families From California
Solstice East helps California families from cities and towns like: Atherton Los Altos Hills Hillsborough Portola Valley Belvedere Rolling Hills Woodside Beverly Hills Montecito Hidden Hills
Solstice East helps California families from:
Some examples of cities from California which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Los Angeles San Diego San Jose San Francisco Fresno Sacramento Long Beach Oakland Bakersfield Anaheim Santa Ana Riverside Stockton Chula Vista Irvine Fremont San Bernardino Modesto Oxnard Fontana Moreno Valley Huntington Beach Glendale Santa Clarita Garden Grove Oceanside Rancho Cucamonga Santa Rosa Ontario Elk Grove Corona Lancaster Palmdale Salinas Hayward Pomona Escondido Sunnyvale Torrance Pasadena Orange Fullerton Thousand Oaks Visalia Roseville Concord Simi Valley Santa Clara Victorville Vallejo Berkeley El Monte Downey Costa Mesa Carlsbad Inglewood Fairfield San Buenaventura (Ventura) Temecula Antioch Richmond West Covina Murrieta Norwalk Daly Burbank Santa Maria El Cajon San Mateo Rialto Clovis Jurupa Valley Compton Vista Mission Viejo South Gate Vacaville Carson Santa Monica San Marcos Hesperia Westminster Redding Santa Barbara San Leandro Chico Hawthorne Whittier Newport Beach Livermore Citrus Heights Tracy Indio Alhambra Menifee Chino Buena Park Hemet Redwood Merced Lakewood
- Trauma Treatment Center for Teens: When Grief Becomes UnhealthyGrief–we all feel it at some point in our lives, but for some, it’s experienced far too early on. The first experience of grief can be through the loss of a friendship or the death of a pet or a grandparent. As a trauma treatment center for teens, we know... Read more »
- Therapy for Trauma in Teens: Sleep Is Critical for ProcessingSleep—it’s the fuel for our brains. In our society, many people view sleep as a waste of time or something that’s a tedious task, but that’s incredibly incorrect. During sleep, we’re able to process intense emotions, figure out issues, review new information, and give our brains time to reboot. Recently,... Read more »
- Attachment Disorders in Adolescents.Attachment disorders are a type of mental health condition that can develop in children who have experienced neglect or abuse. These disorders can cause problems with emotional and social functioning and can lead to difficulties in forming attachments with others. Although attachment disorders differ from other mental health conditions, they... Read more »