Residential Treatment Center for Alaska teens
Solstice East is a residential treatment center for Alaska teens located just outside of Asheville, NC. Solstice East helps teens struggling with challenges such as trauma, impulse control, and learning disorders.
As a residential treatment center for teen girls from Alaska focusing on addressing the specific struggles of young women during their teenage years, Solstice East provides a unique approach to helping teen girls from Alaska find lasting success. Through cutting edge academics, an expert therapeutic team, and top of the line psychiatric services, Solstice East provides teen girls from Alaska and their families with a transformative experience.
Solstice East is heavily focused on helping Alaska families rebuild and repair damaged relationships and dynamics. Through family oriented programming such as family therapy sessions and family seminars, Solstice East involves the entire family through every step of the therapeutic process.
Although Solstice East is located outside of Alaska, we help families from all over the country. Often, some amount of distance from a teens home environment allows for a removal of distractions from a teens life. This allows for students and families to focus on healing.
For more information about how our residential treatment center helps Alaska families , please call (855) 672-7058.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Alaska teens in a residential treatment center setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low Self Esteem
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Body Image Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Impulse Control
– Self Harm
– Family Dysfunction
– Disordered Eating
– Social Isolation
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
Solstice East Residential Treatment Center Helps Teens From Alaska Heal
When teens first come to Solstice East, some level of apprehension is completely normal. During their time at Solstice East, teens from Alaska are offered some of the most advanced therapeutic techniques in the country. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, Solstice East provides the top level of therapeutic care for teen girls and their families.
Some of the therapeutic techniques that address the specific challenges Alaska teens may face include:
- Equine therapy: Through equine therapy at our residential treatment center, Alaska teens learn about developing trusting relationships with others. Horses reflect the emotions of those surrounding them, which helps teens evaluate and modify their communication patterns.
- Milieu therapy: Every aspect of programming at Solstice East is specifically designed to fit into the milieu, or organized community setting, of our residential treatment center for Alaska teens. Milieu therapy utilizes the powerful qualities of the community (including peers, staff members, community roles, etc.) to create positive impacts on teens from Alaska.
- Psychiatric services: Psychotherapeutic care and medication management are two very important aspects of our holistic approach to therapy for Alaska teens. Our residential treatment center has a psychiatrist on staff who is fully integrated into our clinical team.
Resources for Alaska Families Seeking Help
Mentalhealth.gov: MentalHealth.gov is operated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services which provides information about mental health challenges and offers resources for individuals to address mental health challenges. In addition to providing basic information about mental health, it also offers a database of information which allows visitors to look up local mental health resources.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)– NAMI offers assistance to individuals in need of help for a variety of mental health challenges. NAMI provides individuals with a vast collection of information which offer useful information for those who seek to learn more about mental health struggles. In addition to their more generalized information, NAMI also provides local information to help visitors find mental health resources in their local areas. NAMI gathering grassroots volunteers to fight against the stigma of mental health. They accept donations for continued research into various mental health issues and for raising awareness about mental health.
Solstice East helps Alaska families from:
Some examples of cities from Alaska which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Anchorage
Solstice East Helps Families From Alaska
Solstice East helps Alaska families from cities and towns like: Juneau Kodiak Anchorage Lakes Knik-Fairview Palmer Tanaina Wasilla Ketchickan Meadow Lakes
- Calming the Identity Crisis: Tips for Parents of Teens with Identity IssuesThe teenage years are full of growing pains. This is a transitional period in our lives where we are determining who we are, who we want to be, where we fit in, and where we don’t. Finding our own identity is easier said than done. It can be an emotional... Read more »
- Social Media Gone South: Parenting in the Internet AgeSocial media can be a monster. A parent’s worst nightmare. The internet age sets the stage for many scary possibilities. Embarrassing messages can be kept alive forever. Predators and identity thieves are always on the prowl. And criminal prosecution can be the consequence of a youthful mistake. It’s important to know... Read more »
- You Aren’t Out of Options: Treatment for Teen DepressionTreatment for teen depression is needed more now than ever before, especially for young women. Studies show that today’s youth experience depression much more often than generations before them. Research has linked this to increased academic pressure, unattainable media standards, and technology use. So, if your daughter is one of... Read more »