Solstice East Offers More Than Other Programs for Troubled Teens for Teens From West Virginia
Our program is one of the best programs for troubled teens from West Virginia because it’s specifically created for young women between 14 and 18 years old. Every age group and gender is specific in its needs and we recognized that when we developed our program. The more specific the group, the more likely is that the program will fit perfectly to every student we admit. This is just one reason that makes us different from other programs for troubled teens.
Solstice East helps teens working to overcome challenges, however we do not consider our teens “troubled”. We are only using that terminology here because of its common use. Students who attend Solstice East are not “troubled”, they are fully capable of overcoming the difficulties they face and are valued as community members. It’s important to us for students to believe in themselves and continue their journey towards personal growth and success.
For us, every girl is a hero, so we designed a Hero’s Journey on which every student we admit has to embark in order to find true happiness, get rid of problematic behavior, recover from a personal loss, or repair damaged family relations. As each phase of Hero’s Journey is successfully finished, more and more complex tasks are given to each student, which ultimately leads to healthy mind and soul. But we don’t forget the importance of body, either, as we make sure that our students work out regularly and eat healthily.
Through several different kinds of therapies that offer support and encouragement, students can find their peace and learn to get along with their families and other people.
Although Solstice East is located in North Carolina and not West Virginia, we help teens from across the country.
The personal approach and expertise are what makes Solstice East one of the most effective programs for troubled teens from West Virginia.
How Does One of the Best Programs for Troubled Teens from West Virginia Actually Work?
West Virginia parents looking for the most effective programs for troubled teens often undergo a long and difficult process to find the best fit for their daughter. At Solstice East, we understand how challenging this is for parents.
Every detail of our treatment center is designed in a way to create a home-like environment and make students feel at ease. Various task and responsibilities are given to each student, but not more than they can handle. Our experienced staff makes sure that our students are challenged, but not overwhelmed. As they grow, both intellectually and emotionally, they become closer to finding the success they deserve.
West Virginia students are encouraged to participate in our close-knit community and establish meaningful relationships with the staff and other students. During their time at Solstice East, students gain real-life knowledge and useful abilities, become more self-confident, and get rid of everything that holds them back from reaching their fullest potential. This structured community setting, known as milieu therapy, truly makes Solstice East one of the most competent programs for troubled teens.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps West Virginia teens in a Programs for Troubled Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Self Harm
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Disordered Eating
– Body Image Issues
– Impulse Control
– Social Isolation
– Low Self Esteem
Resources for West Virginia Families Seeking Help
Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Council – OBH Council was founded in the 1990s as a way for representatives of different wilderness program to share their experiences, approach, and newest techniques. Learning from each other, many wilderness programs were able to improve their treatments and increase their rate of success by using up-to-date methods. The council is also a great way to promote this kind of therapy and finance research to further improve it.
Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology(SCCAP) – SCCAP is a division of American Psychological Association (APA). Its goal is to help in developing a more advanced psychological therapy for children and adolescents. They promote professional training, scientific inquiry, and evidence-based therapies as a means to improve the effectiveness of treatments for kids and adolescents.
Solstice East Helps Families From West Virginia
Solstice East helps West Virginia families from cities and towns like: Shepherdstown Cheat Lake Shenandoah Junction Summit Point Charles Town Morgantown Brookhaven Kearneysville Bolivar Westover
Solstice East helps West Virginia families from:
- You Aren’t Out of Options: Treatment for Teen DepressionTreatment for teen depression is needed more now than ever before, especially for young women. Studies show that today’s youth experience depression much more often than generations before them. Research has linked this to increased academic pressure, unattainable media standards, and technology use. So, if your daughter is one of... Read more »
- The Debate on Devices: Video Game Addiction Symptoms“Video game addiction” was recently made an official thing by the World Health Organization. This opened up a new pool of debates among society. Is smartphone addiction also a thing? Does it deserve its own special diagnosis and treatment plan? Well, it depends on who you ask. Some people argue... Read more »
- A Parent’s Guide: How To Help A Teen with PTSDTeens who suffer from PTSD find coping to be extremely difficult. A recent study revealed that memories that come from traumatic events change according to the individual’s perception of the world around them. Naturally, we fill in gaps to make things make sense in our head. The same happens when... Read more »