Solstice East Offers More Than Other Programs for Troubled Teens for Teens From West Virginia
Our program is one of the best programs for troubled teens from West Virginia because it’s specifically created for young women between 14 and 18 years old. Every age group and gender is specific in its needs and we recognized that when we developed our program. The more specific the group, the more likely is that the program will fit perfectly to every student we admit. This is just one reason that makes us different from other programs for troubled teens.
Solstice East helps teens working to overcome challenges, however we do not consider our teens “troubled”. We are only using that terminology here because of its common use. Students who attend Solstice East are not “troubled”, they are fully capable of overcoming the difficulties they face and are valued as community members. It’s important to us for students to believe in themselves and continue their journey towards personal growth and success.
For us, every girl is a hero, so we designed a Hero’s Journey on which every student we admit has to embark in order to find true happiness, get rid of problematic behavior, recover from a personal loss, or repair damaged family relations. As each phase of Hero’s Journey is successfully finished, more and more complex tasks are given to each student, which ultimately leads to healthy mind and soul. But we don’t forget the importance of body, either, as we make sure that our students work out regularly and eat healthily.
Through several different kinds of therapies that offer support and encouragement, students can find their peace and learn to get along with their families and other people.
Although Solstice East is located in North Carolina and not West Virginia, we help teens from across the country.
The personal approach and expertise are what makes Solstice East one of the most effective programs for troubled teens from West Virginia.
How Does One of the Best Programs for Troubled Teens from West Virginia Actually Work?
West Virginia parents looking for the most effective programs for troubled teens often undergo a long and difficult process to find the best fit for their daughter. At Solstice East, we understand how challenging this is for parents.
Every detail of our treatment center is designed in a way to create a home-like environment and make students feel at ease. Various task and responsibilities are given to each student, but not more than they can handle. Our experienced staff makes sure that our students are challenged, but not overwhelmed. As they grow, both intellectually and emotionally, they become closer to finding the success they deserve.
West Virginia students are encouraged to participate in our close-knit community and establish meaningful relationships with the staff and other students. During their time at Solstice East, students gain real-life knowledge and useful abilities, become more self-confident, and get rid of everything that holds them back from reaching their fullest potential. This structured community setting, known as milieu therapy, truly makes Solstice East one of the most competent programs for troubled teens.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps West Virginia teens in a Programs for Troubled Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Self Harm
– Grief and Loss
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Disordered Eating
– Body Image Issues
– Impulse Control
– Social Isolation
– Low Self Esteem
Resources for West Virginia Families Seeking Help
Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Council – OBH Council was founded in the 1990’s as a way for representatives of different wilderness program to share their experiences, approach, and newest techniques. Learning from each other, many wilderness programs were able to improve their treatments and increase their rate of success by using up-to-date methods. The council is also a great way to promote this kind of therapy and finance research to further improve it.
Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology(SCCAP) – SCCAP is a division of American Psychological Association (APA). Its goal is to help in developing a more advanced psychological therapy for children and adolescents. They promote professional training, scientific inquiry, and evidence-based therapies as a means to improve the effectiveness of treatments for kids and adolescents.
Solstice East Helps Families From West Virginia
Solstice East helps West Virginia families from cities and towns like: Shepherdstown Cheat Lake Shenandoah Junction Summit Point Charles Town Morgantown Brookhaven Kearneysville Bolivar Westover
Solstice East helps West Virginia families from:
- Depression Treatment Centers San Antonio Texas Teens Travel To AttendAre you seeking depression treatment centers San Antonio? Just like any other parents, San Antonio parents want their teens to live a happy, successful life. Unfortunately, one of the mental health issues that can disrupt that path of happiness in teens is depression. Some parents are willing to travel outside... Read more »
- How Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Can Help TeensTrauma is the experience of severe psychological distress following any terrible or life-threatening event. Many teens experience some sort of trauma in our lives. It can be anything from parents getting divorced to experiencing a natural disaster. Psychology Today tells us that people who have experienced trauma “may develop emotional... Read more »
- The Power of Using EMDR Therapy for Processing TraumaWhen we hear the word “therapy” many people’s minds go to laying on a couch and talking through their feelings. The reality is that there are many different forms of therapy from family therapy to Cognitive Behavior Therapy. For teens processing trauma, whether that is from being bullied in school... Read more »