What to Expect From One of the Finest Programs for Troubled Teens from Vermont
When browsing through various programs for troubled teens, its difficult to determine which program might be the best fit for your daughter from Vermont. Solstice East, one of the leading programs for troubled teens, is designed specifically for the developmental and emotional needs of Vermont teen girls ages 14-18.
Solstice East helps teens working to overcome challenges, however we do not consider our teens “troubled”. We are only using that terminology here because of its common use. Students who attend Solstice East are not “troubled”, they are fully capable of overcoming the difficulties they face and are valued as community members. It’s important to us for students to believe in themselves and continue their journey towards personal growth and success.
Every student that gets admitted into Solstice East can count on support coming from every direction. Our experienced, supportive staff develop individualized therapeutic plan to be fit the needs of each student.
As a part of their therapeutic journey, students are assigned various tasks and responsibilities, but only what they can handle. As the journey progresses, the tasks get more and more complex, including helping other girls, which gives our students a sense of worthiness and fulfillment.
Multiple forms of therapies are there as a support on their journey. One of the most interesting ones, one that makes our program stand out from other programs for troubled teens from Vermont, is definitely the milieu therapy. Milieu therapy is the therapeutic use of a structured community environment to promote healing and personal growth.
Solstice East Is Among the Most Successful Programs for Troubled Teens from Vermont
Solstice East, one of the most competent programs for troubled teens from Vermont, has helped hundreds of teen girls and their families achieve success. Our program is developed for Vermont teen girls ages 14-18 that struggle with trauma, problematic behavior, family struggles, or low self esteem.
It takes a heroic amount of perseverance and will to overcome life’s obstacles and be the person you want to be. That’s why we meticulously designed a Hero’s Journey that will help our students reach the desired state of mind. This journey is what makes us different from other programs for troubled teens.
Through multiple phases of the journey, along with the help of several forms of therapy, each student will learn how to improve her life and develop healthy habits. This includes not only the mind but the body as well.
Each student’s family has a big role in this and has to go on a Hero’s journey of its own. Without the support of family members, lasting change cannot occur. Members of the staff are there to provide support and expertise and are carefully chosen to fit one of the most successful programs for troubled teens.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Vermont teens in a Programs for Troubled Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Self Harm
– Social Isolation
– Family Dysfunction
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Disordered Eating
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
– Body Image Issues
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Resources for Vermont Families Seeking Help
Healthy Children – Healthy Children is a website for parents seeking help for their kids. It is supported by over 66.000 pediatricians who are members of American Academy of Pediatrics (APA). The website offers a wide range of information about the physical and mental health of children and adolescents, including scientific research. The information comes from the most respected pediatricians in the country.
Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology(SCCAP) – SCCAP is a division of American Psychological Association (APA). Its goal is to help in developing a more advanced psychological therapy for children and adolescents. They promote professional training, scientific inquiry, and evidence-based therapies as a means to improve the effectiveness of treatments for kids and adolescents.
Solstice East Helps Families From Vermont
Some examples of cities from Vermont which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Charlotte Town of Stowe Dorset Fayston Waitsfield
Solstice East helps Vermont families from:
- Help! My Daughter is DepressedThe teenage years can be extremely tough. You remember the growing pains associated with trying to handle hormones, make good grades, maintain a social life, and enjoy your hobbies or find new ones. It can all be extremely overwhelming. Depression among teens is not a new phenomenon. It is more... Read more »
- Are the Teenage Years for Fun or Anxiety? Five Contributing Factors of AnxietyAnxiety is the top mental health issue among American youths. It is no surprise when considering the societal standards that are pressed upon today’s youth. Teens spend more time one achievement and thinking about adulthood and less time being typical teenagers. Society has set the stage for this issue. What... Read more »
- Helping a teenager with PTSD: 5 ways to ease the symptoms of PTSDAlthough the first thing that pops into mind for most people when they hear or read the word PTSD is a soldier, post-traumatic disorder can happen to anyone, even to the smallest of kids. Extreme acts of violence, natural disasters, bullying, verbal and sexual abuse are all known causes of... Read more »