Solstice East Is Among the Most Successful Programs for Troubled Teens from Tennessee
Solstice East, one of the most competent programs for troubled teens from Tennessee, has helped hundreds of teen girls and their families achieve success. Our program is developed for Tennessee teen girls ages 14-18 that struggle with trauma, problematic behavior, family struggles, or low self esteem.
Solstice East helps teens working to overcome challenges, however we do not consider our teens “troubled”. We are only using that terminology here because of its common use. Students who attend Solstice East are not “troubled”, they are fully capable of overcoming the difficulties they face and are valued as community members. It’s important to us for students to believe in themselves and continue their journey towards personal growth and success.
It takes a heroic amount of perseverance and will to overcome life’s obstacles and be the person you want to be. That’s why we meticulously designed a Hero’s Journey that will help our students reach the desired state of mind. This journey is what makes us different from other programs for troubled teens.
Through multiple phases of the journey, along with the help of several forms of therapy, each student will learn how to improve her life and develop healthy habits. This includes not only the mind but the body as well.
Each student’s family has a big role in this and has to go on a Hero’s journey of its own. Without the support of family members, lasting change cannot occur. Members of the staff are there to provide support and expertise and are carefully chosen to fit one of the most successful programs for troubled teens.
What to Expect From One of the Finest Programs for Troubled Teens from Tennessee
When browsing through various programs for troubled teens, it’s difficult to determine which program might be the best fit for your daughter from Tennessee. Solstice East, one of the leading programs for troubled teens, is designed specifically for the developmental and emotional needs of Tennessee teen girls ages 14-18.
Every student that gets admitted into Solstice East can count on support coming from every direction. Our experienced, supportive staff develop individualized therapeutic plan to be fit the needs of each student.
As a part of their therapeutic journey, students are assigned various tasks and responsibilities, but only what they can handle. As the journey progresses, the tasks get more and more complex, including helping other girls, which gives our students a sense of worthiness and fulfillment.
Multiple forms of therapies are there as a support on their journey. One of the most interesting ones, one that makes our program stand out from other programs for troubled teens from Tennessee, is definitely the milieu therapy. Milieu therapy is the therapeutic use of a structured community environment to promote healing and personal growth.
We utilize a holistic approach to therapy, focusing on healing the entire individual – mind, body, and spirit, rather than focusing on a specific problem area.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Tennessee teens in a Programs for Troubled Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family Dysfunction
– Low Self Esteem
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Social Isolation
– Disordered Eating
– Self Harm
– Body Image Issues
– Impulse Control
Resources for Tennessee Families Seeking Help
Wilderness Therapy is Effective – This study was conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library with a goal to assess the effectiveness of wilderness therapy. Almost 200 boys and girls that participated in a wilderness therapy were studied. They all had problematic behaviors prior to joining the wilderness therapy. The study concluded that every participant experienced a significant reduction in problematic behavior and have become more independent, mature and cooperative and less prone to addictive behavior.
Journal of Adolescent and Family Health – The main goal of this website is to find relevant publications and present them to struggling teens and their parents. They make sure that every research regarding psychology, behavior, and health in general, is available for their readers in order to find about the best possible therapies and approaches to their specific problems.
Solstice East Helps Families From Tennessee
Solstice East helps Tennessee families from cities and towns like: Belle Meade Forest Hills Oak Hill Brentwood Lookout Mountain Arrington Franklin College Grove Walden Nolensville
Solstice East helps Tennessee families from:
Some examples of cities from Tennessee which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Memphis Nashville Knoxville Chattanooga Clarksville Murfreesboro Franklin Jackson Johnson Bartlett Hendersonville Kingsport
- A Dangerous Situation: Consequences of Eating Disorders in Teen GirlsToday’s teenage girls face an onslaught of messages from peers, social media sources, and magazines depicting a sensationalized version of what the ideal female form should look like. Despite recent body positivity campaigns to help promote and celebrate bodies of all shapes and sizes, surveys indicated that 33% of teen... Read more »
- PTSD In Teenagers: How You Can Help Your DaughterChildhood trauma can have a profound impact on adolescent’s development, resulting in negative effects on physical growth, psychological development, mental health, and in severe cases, it can be the catalyst for developing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Experiencing childhood trauma has become more widespread with many research studies claiming that over... Read more »
- A Barrier to Success: Teen Jealousy and JudgmentTeen jealousy and judgment–they may seem like a normal part of teen life, but they can actually act as a major barrier for future success. When I think of teen jealousy, the movie Mean Girls comes to mind. The “burn book” and constant castigation of others, it’s complete jealousy and... Read more »