How Does One of the Best Programs for Troubled Teens from Rhode Island Actually Work?
Rhode Island parents looking for the most effective programs for troubled teens often undergo a long and difficult process to find the best fit for their daughter. At Solstice East, we understand how challenging this is for parents.
Solstice East helps teens working to overcome challenges, however we do not consider our teens “troubled”. We are only using that terminology here because of its common use. Students who attend Solstice East are not “troubled”, they are fully capable of overcoming the difficulties they face and are valued as community members. It’s important to us for students to believe in themselves and continue their journey towards personal growth and success.
Every detail of our treatment center is designed in a way to create a home-like environment and make students feel at ease. Various task and responsibilities are given to each student, but not more than they can handle. Our experienced staff makes sure that our students are challenged, but not overwhelmed. As they grow, both intellectually and emotionally, they become closer to finding the success they deserve.
Rhode Island students are encouraged to participate in our close-knit community and establish meaningful relationships with the staff and other students. During their time at Solstice East, students gain real-life knowledge and useful abilities, become more self-confident, and get rid of everything that holds them back from reaching their fullest potential. This structured community setting, known as milieu therapy, truly makes Solstice East one of the most competent programs for troubled teens.
Solstice East Is Among the Most Successful Programs for Troubled Teens from Rhode Island
Solstice East, one of the most competent programs for troubled teens from Rhode Island, has helped hundreds of teen girls and their families achieve success. Our program is developed for Rhode Island teen girls ages 14-18 that struggle with trauma, problematic behavior, family struggles, or low self esteem.
It takes a heroic amount of perseverance and will to overcome life’s obstacles and be the person you want to be. That’s why we meticulously designed a Hero’s Journey that will help our students reach the desired state of mind. This journey is what makes us different from other programs for troubled teens.
Through multiple phases of the journey, along with the help of several forms of therapy, each student will learn how to improve her life and develop healthy habits. This includes not only the mind but the body as well.
Each student’s family has a big role in this and has to go on a Hero’s journey of its own. Without the support of family members, lasting change cannot occur. Members of the staff are there to provide support and expertise and are carefully chosen to fit one of the most successful programs for troubled teens.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Rhode Island teens in a Programs for Troubled Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family Dysfunction
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Disordered Eating
– Body Image Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Grief and Loss
– Social Isolation
– Impulse Control
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Self Harm
– Asperger’s Disorder
Resources for Rhode Island Families Seeking Help
Federation of Horses in Education and Therapy International (HETI) – HETI is an international organization that connects countries, organizations, and individuals and works on improving already existing programs. They offer seminars, workshops, teach a modern approach to equine therapy, and organize congresses where organizations from around the world can share their knowledge and latest findings with each other.
Wilderness Therapy is Effective – This study was conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library with a goal to assess the effectiveness of wilderness therapy. Almost 200 boys and girls that participated in a wilderness therapy were studied. They all had problematic behaviors prior to joining the wilderness therapy. The study concluded that every participant experienced a significant reduction in problematic behavior and have become more independent, mature and cooperative and less prone to addictive behavior.
Solstice East Helps Families From Rhode Island
Some examples of cities from Rhode Island which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Providence Warwick Cranston Pawtucket Jamestown
Solstice East helps Rhode Island families from:
- The Debate on Devices: Video Game Addiction Symptoms“Video game addiction” was recently made an official thing by the World Health Organization. This opened up a new pool of debates among society. Is smartphone addiction also a thing? Does it deserve its own special diagnosis and treatment plan? Well, it depends on who you ask. Some people argue... Read more »
- A Parent’s Guide: How To Help A Teen with PTSDTeens who suffer from PTSD find coping to be extremely difficult. A recent study revealed that memories that come from traumatic events change according to the individual’s perception of the world around them. Naturally, we fill in gaps to make things make sense in our head. The same happens when... Read more »
- Are the Teenage Years for Fun or Anxiety? Five Contributing Factors of AnxietyAnxiety is the top mental health issue among American youths. It is no surprise when considering the societal standards that are pressed upon today’s youth. Teens spend more time one achievement and thinking about adulthood and less time being typical teenagers. Society has set the stage for this issue. What... Read more »