Solstice East Is Among the Most Successful Programs for Troubled Teens from Oklahoma
Solstice East, one of the most competent programs for troubled teens from Oklahoma, has helped hundreds of teen girls and their families achieve success. Our program is developed for Oklahoma teen girls ages 14-18 that struggle with trauma, problematic behavior, family struggles, or low self esteem.
Solstice East helps teens working to overcome challenges, however we do not consider our teens “troubled”. We are only using that terminology here because of its common use. Students who attend Solstice East are not “troubled”, they are fully capable of overcoming the difficulties they face and are valued as community members. It’s important to us for students to believe in themselves and continue their journey towards personal growth and success.
It takes a heroic amount of perseverance and will to overcome life’s obstacles and be the person you want to be. That’s why we meticulously designed a Hero’s Journey that will help our students reach the desired state of mind. This journey is what makes us different from other programs for troubled teens.
Through multiple phases of the journey, along with the help of several forms of therapy, each student will learn how to improve her life and develop healthy habits. This includes not only the mind but the body as well.
Each student’s family has a big role in this and has to go on a Hero’s journey of its own. Without the support of family members, lasting change cannot occur. Members of the staff are there to provide support and expertise and are carefully chosen to fit one of the most successful programs for troubled teens.
How Does One of the Best Programs for Troubled Teens from Oklahoma Actually Work?
Oklahoma parents looking for the most effective programs for troubled teens often undergo a long and difficult process to find the best fit for their daughter. At Solstice East, we understand how challenging this is for parents.
Every detail of our treatment center is designed in a way to create a home-like environment and make students feel at ease. Various task and responsibilities are given to each student, but not more than they can handle. Our experienced staff makes sure that our students are challenged, but not overwhelmed. As they grow, both intellectually and emotionally, they become closer to finding the success they deserve.
Oklahoma students are encouraged to participate in our close-knit community and establish meaningful relationships with the staff and other students. During their time at Solstice East, students gain real-life knowledge and useful abilities, become more self-confident, and get rid of everything that holds them back from reaching their fullest potential. This structured community setting, known as milieu therapy, truly makes Solstice East one of the most competent programs for troubled teens.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Oklahoma teens in a Programs for Troubled Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social Isolation
– Low Self Esteem
– Family Dysfunction
– Body Image Issues
– Self Harm
– Grief and Loss
– Disordered Eating
– Impulse Control
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
Resources for Oklahoma Families Seeking Help
Wilderness Therapy is Effective – This study was conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library with a goal to assess the effectiveness of wilderness therapy. Almost 200 boys and girls that participated in a wilderness therapy were studied. They all had problematic behaviors prior to joining the wilderness therapy. The study concluded that every participant experienced a significant reduction in problematic behavior and have become more independent, mature and cooperative and less prone to addictive behavior.
American Psychological Association (APA) – APA is one of the most influential organizations in the country. With over 117.000 members from 56 different fields of psychology, APA offers an incredible amount of information about anything regarding psychology. Besides helping people with psychological issues, they provide specific education for professionals, improving all 56 subclasses of psychology.
Solstice East Helps Families From Oklahoma
Solstice East helps Oklahoma families from cities and towns like: Nichols Hills Edmond Goldsby Forest Park Piedmont Jenks Bixby Newcastle Blanchard Dickson
Solstice East helps Oklahoma families from:
- Calming the Identity Crisis: Tips for Parents of Teens with Identity IssuesThe teenage years are full of growing pains. This is a transitional period in our lives where we are determining who we are, who we want to be, where we fit in, and where we don’t. Finding our own identity is easier said than done. It can be an emotional... Read more »
- Equine Therapy: The Good Kind of Horsing AroundEquine Therapy is a type of experiential therapy between patients and horses. This type of therapy can involve grooming, feeding, haltering, and leading a horse. The goal of equine therapy is to provide students with a unique type of learning experience and give them a chance to develop a meaningful... Read more »
- A Parent’s Guide: How To Help A Teen with PTSDTeens who suffer from PTSD find coping to be extremely difficult. A recent study revealed that memories that come from traumatic events change according to the individual’s perception of the world around them. Naturally, we fill in gaps to make things make sense in our head. The same happens when... Read more »