What Makes This Program Different From Other Programs for Troubled Teens from Nebraska?
One of the aspects of our program that differentiates us from other programs for troubled teens from Nebraska is our holistic approach. It’s no secret that, in order to be happy and fulfilled, your mind, soul, and body need to be taken care of. We brought this to a whole other level and designed our program to help our students work on improving every aspect of themselves, not just their specific challenge.
Solstice East helps teens working to overcome challenges, however we do not consider our teens “troubled”. We are only using that terminology here because of its common use. Students who attend Solstice East are not “troubled”, they are fully capable of overcoming the difficulties they face and are valued as community members. It’s important to us for students to believe in themselves and continue their journey towards personal growth and success.
When a student from Nebraska is admitted, her Hero’s Journey begins. We utilize the archetypal Hero’s Journey throughout our programming. The Hero’s Journey is divided into several phases, involving both students and parents.
The first part of the Hero’s Journey is known as the is orientation phase. During this phase, students familiarize themselves with Solstice East. The orientation phase is followed by more complex phases in which the student gets to truly know and understand her inner self and battle her challenges. Finally, in the atonement phase, a student is victorious and her journey has ended. The return phase is her transition back home.
One of the most beneficial forms of therapy we offer is certainly our equine therapy programming. This form of therapy has been proven to positively impact Nebraska teens struggling with trauma and other emotional or behavioral challenges
Solstice East Offers One of the Best Programs for Troubled Teens from Nebraska
There is a reason why Solstice East is among the most successful programs for Nebraska troubled teens in the country. We have a personal approach to every girl and a specifically designed therapy that helps them recover from various traumas, personal losses, and addictive behavior. We do that by covering every aspect of their being: the soul, the mind, and the body. We believe that only when all three aspects are in order, a person can achieve their full potential. That’s why our programs for troubled teens from Nebraska works so well.
Family plays an important role in every girl’s life and is a crucial factor in helping them to get their lives in order. Lasting change can not occur without the support of family members.
We help teens find success through the archetypal Hero’s Journey. Hero’s Journey, contains multiple phases that slowly makes every student familiar with her new surroundings. With the help of Solstice East staff and the students’ families, every girl is certain to successfully finish tasks that each phase contains.
Although not located in Nebraska, Solstice East helps girls from all over the country.
We make sure that every student participates in recreational activities, eats healthy, and improves their fitness level. It’s a well-known fact that a healthy body and healthy mind are inseparable.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Nebraska teens in a Programs for Troubled Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Family Dysfunction
– Social Isolation
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Disordered Eating
– Grief and Loss
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Impulse Control
– Body Image Issues
– Self Harm
– Low Self Esteem
Resources for Nebraska Families Seeking Help
Wilderness Therapy is Effective – This study was conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library with a goal to assess the effectiveness of wilderness therapy. Almost 200 boys and girls that participated in a wilderness therapy were studied. They all had problematic behaviors prior to joining the wilderness therapy. The study concluded that every participant experienced a significant reduction in problematic behavior and have become more independent, mature and cooperative and less prone to addictive behavior.
Healthy Children – Healthy Children is a website for parents seeking help for their kids. It is supported by over 66.000 pediatricians who are members of American Academy of Pediatrics (APA). The website offers a wide range of information about the physical and mental health of children and adolescents, including scientific research. The information comes from the most respected pediatricians in the country.
Solstice East Helps Families From Nebraska
Some examples of cities from Nebraska which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Omaha Lincoln Bellevue Grand Island Gretna
Solstice East helps Nebraska families from:
- Therapy for Trauma in Teens: Sleep Could Be Critical for ProcessingSleep—it’s the fuel for our brains. In our society, many people view sleep as a waste of time or something that’s a tedious task, but that’s incredibly incorrect. During sleep, we’re able to process intense emotions, figure out issues, review new information, and give our brains time to reboot. Recently,... Read more »
- A Dangerous Situation: Consequences of Eating Disorders in Teen GirlsToday’s teenage girls face an onslaught of messages from peers, social media sources, and magazines depicting a sensationalized version of what the ideal female form should look like. Despite recent body positivity campaigns to help promote and celebrate bodies of all shapes and sizes, surveys indicated that 33% of teen... Read more »
- Beyond the Label of a Diagnosis: Taking a Personalized Approach to Helping Troubled TeensThe teenage years are full of changes and challenges, for both the teen and their families. As young women enter adolescence, you may find that they are pulling away and looking for more autonomy. You may find that your opinion no longer matters as much, and they are now turning... Read more »