Solstice East Offers One of the Best Programs for Troubled Teens from Mississippi
There is a reason why Solstice East is among the most successful programs for Mississippi troubled teens in the country. We have a personal approach to every girl and a specifically designed therapy that helps them recover from various traumas, personal losses, and addictive behavior. We do that by covering every aspect of their being: the soul, the mind, and the body. We believe that only when all three aspects are in order, a person can achieve their full potential. That’s why our programs for troubled teens from Mississippi works so well.
Solstice East helps teens working to overcome challenges, however we do not consider our teens “troubled”. We are only using that terminology here because of its common use. Students who attend Solstice East are not “troubled”, they are fully capable of overcoming the difficulties they face and are valued as community members. It’s important to us for students to believe in themselves and continue their journey towards personal growth and success.
Family plays an important role in every girl’s life and is a crucial factor in helping them to get their lives in order. Lasting change can not occur without the support of family members.
We help teens find success through the archetypal Hero’s Journey. Hero’s Journey, contains multiple phases that slowly makes every student familiar with her new surroundings. With the help of Solstice East staff and the students families, every girl is certain to successfully finish tasks that each phase contains.
Although not located in Mississippi, Solstice East helps girls from all over the country.
What Makes This Program Different From Other Programs for Troubled Teens from Mississippi?
One of the aspects of our program that differentiates us from other programs for troubled teens from Mississippi is our holistic approach. It’s no secret that, in order to be happy and fulfilled, your mind, soul, and body need to be taken care of. We brought this to a whole other level and designed our program to help our students work on improving every aspect of themselves, not just their specific challenge.
When a student from Mississippi is admitted, her Hero’s Journey begins. We utilize the archetypal Heros Journey throughout our programming. The Heros Journey is divided into several phases, involving both students and parents.
The first part of the Heros Journey is known as the is orientation phase. During this phase, students familiarize themselves with Solstice East. The orientation phase is followed by more complex phases in which the student gets to truly know and understand her inner self and battle her challenges. Finally, in the atonement phase, a student is victorious and her journey has ended. The return phase is her transition back home.
One of the most beneficial forms of therapy we offer is certainly our equine therapy programming. This form of therapy has been proven to positively impact Mississippi teens struggling with trauma and other emotional or behavioral challenges
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Mississippi teens in a Programs for Troubled Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low Self Esteem
– Family Dysfunction
– Impulse Control
– Self Harm
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Social Isolation
– Grief and Loss
– Disordered Eating
– Body Image Issues
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
Resources for Mississippi Families Seeking Help
Healthy Children – Healthy Children is a website for parents seeking help for their kids. It is supported by over 66.000 pediatricians who are members of American Academy of Pediatrics (APA). The website offers a wide range of information about the physical and mental health of children and adolescents, including scientific research. The information comes from the most respected pediatricians in the country.
KidsHealth – KidsHealth is one of the most popular sites on the Internet when it comes to kids health and wellbeing. Its suited for an everyday reader and explains every topic in plain English. It has sections for kids, teens, parents, and educators, all 4 tailored to the target audience and with extensive information about physical and mental health, including behavioral disorders and how to handle them.
Solstice East Helps Families From Mississippi
Solstice East helps Mississippi families from cities and towns like: Madison Oxford Canton Nesbit Flowood Terry Ridgeland Hernando Brandon Carriere
Solstice East helps Mississippi families from:
- Unplugging Teen CyberbullyingOnline bullying has become increasingly common with the growth of social media platforms. The term that refers to online bullying is best known as “cyberbullying”. Teen cyberbullying can quickly start to have a negative impact on ones life. In fact, there is a line between online bullying and depression in... Read more »
- What to Do When Your Teenage Daughter is Depressed and Refusing HelpThe teenage years can bring about new defiance in your teen. If your teenage daughter is depressed and refusing help, this can make things challenging for you as a parent. You want them to feel better, but without help, that is nearly impossible. First you should understand that asking for... Read more »
- Mind and Body: Healthy Living and PTSDHealthy Living and PTSD are interconnected during the treatment process. While one is working to cope with the symptoms of PTSD, healthy living should also be made a priority. Research from PsychCentral talks about how “the nervous system and brain do not operate separately from the physical body. When we... Read more »