What Makes This Program Different From Other Programs for Troubled Teens from Iowa?
One of the aspects of our program that differentiates us from other programs for troubled teens from Iowa is our holistic approach. It’s no secret that, in order to be happy and fulfilled, your mind, soul, and body need to be taken care of. We brought this to a whole other level and designed our program to help our students work on improving every aspect of themselves, not just their specific challenge.
Solstice East helps teens working to overcome challenges, however we do not consider our teens “troubled”. We are only using that terminology here because of its common use. Students who attend Solstice East are not “troubled”, they are fully capable of overcoming the difficulties they face and are valued as community members. It’s important to us for students to believe in themselves and continue their journey towards personal growth and success.
When a student from Iowa is admitted, her Hero’s Journey begins. We utilize the archetypal Hero’s Journey throughout our programming. The Hero’s Journey is divided into several phases, involving both students and parents.
The first part of the Hero’s Journey is known as the is orientation phase. During this phase, students familiarize themselves with Solstice East. The orientation phase is followed by more complex phases in which the student gets to truly know and understand her inner self and battle her challenges. Finally, in the atonement phase, a student is victorious and her journey has ended. The return phase is her transition back home.
One of the most beneficial forms of therapy we offer is certainly our equine therapy programming. This form of therapy has been proven to positively impact Iowa teens struggling with trauma and other emotional or behavioral challenges
Solstice East Is Among the Most Successful Programs for Troubled Teens from Iowa
Solstice East, one of the most competent programs for troubled teens from Iowa, has helped hundreds of teen girls and their families achieve success. Our program is developed for Iowa teen girls ages 14-18 that struggle with trauma, problematic behavior, family struggles, or low self esteem.
It takes a heroic amount of perseverance and will to overcome life’s obstacles and be the person you want to be. That’s why we meticulously designed a Hero’s Journey that will help our students reach the desired state of mind. This journey is what makes us different from other programs for troubled teens.
Through multiple phases of the journey, along with the help of several forms of therapy, each student will learn how to improve her life and develop healthy habits. This includes not only the mind but the body as well.
Each student’s family has a big role in this and has to go on a Hero’s journey of its own. Without the support of family members, lasting change cannot occur. Members of the staff are there to provide support and expertise and are carefully chosen to fit one of the most successful programs for troubled teens.
Who does Solstice East help?
Solstice East helps Iowa teens in a Programs for Troubled Teens setting who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption/ Attachment Issues
– Impulse Control
– Grief and Loss
– Social Isolation
– Disordered Eating
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Asperger’s Disorder
– Family Dysfunction
– Body Image Issues
– Self Harm
– Low Self Esteem
Resources for Iowa Families Seeking Help
Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology(SCCAP) – SCCAP is a division of American Psychological Association (APA). Its goal is to help in developing a more advanced psychological therapy for children and adolescents. They promote professional training, scientific inquiry, and evidence-based therapies as a means to improve the effectiveness of treatments for kids and adolescents.
Journal of Adolescent and Family Health – The main goal of this website is to find relevant publications and present them to struggling teens and their parents. They make sure that every research regarding psychology, behavior, and health in general, is available for their readers in order to find about the best possible therapies and approaches to their specific problems.
Solstice East Helps Families From Iowa
Some examples of cities from Iowa which may have families who may be interested in Solstice East include: Des Moines Cedar Rapids Davenport Sioux Iowa City Waterloo West Des Moines Ames Council Bluffs Dubuque Ankeny
Solstice East helps Iowa families from:
- Unhealthy Coping Mechanisms for Dealing with Grief and LossGrief and loss are a part of every person’s life. At some point, we will lose a pet, or a friend, or a loved one. And while it is natural and normal, that does not make it any easier when it happens. Grief is especially challenging for young people. They are... Read more »
- Out Of Control: Tips for Toning Down Your Teenage Daughter’s Impulsive BehaviorHow often have you found yourself asking your teen: “Why did you do that?”. Thi can range from the smaller issue of the dirty plate that’s been left in their room for the week to larger issues like missing curfew for the third time. Parenting teens can feel confounding, as... Read more »
- How to Build Up Other Girls Instead of Feeling CompetitiveTeenage girls have a reputation for being competitive. So much so that the terms “Queen Bee” and “mean girls” have worked their way into common vernacular. This sense of competition may stem from a variety of reasons such as issues with confidence, a feeling of scarcity around opportunities, or learned... Read more »